Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
O2 Extenders?
Liveguy Offline

O2 Extenders?
Hi, I have tried the wrapping method and not much change. I think I will try the extenders next and I have a couple of simple questions:

Can I still leave the wrap on even with the extension?

What size extender should I get?

Is it easy to put on?

Where can I get one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
08-02-2008 10:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: O2 Extenders?
Only one size extender that I know of.

Doubt you can leave the foil on since you have to unscrew it from the manifold, but since it didn't seem to help you, foil on or foil off is your choice.

Search fleeBay for oxygen extender, about $10 shipped. You'll probably need the socket too, if you're going to DIY and don't forget to pick up some anti-seize at your auto parts store to facilitate removing when if it doesn't work.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-02-2008 11:31 AM
Liveguy Offline

Hey Rick, if this doesn't work, what should I do mate? I suppose my next next step would be my MAP enhancer. I don't think the extender will work since the wrapping didn't. Do you know of any good step by step instruction in how to hook up a dual map enhancer?

Thanks! Liveguy
08-02-2008 11:40 AM
colchiro Offline

You have a 1996 Honda CR-V SUV 2.0L, right?

Options are EFIE, MAP/MAF mod and other sensor mods (see my Tuning for Mileage link).

I think the EFIE will work best, but the other options would be cheaper if you wanted to try them first.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-02-2008 11:50 AM
Liveguy Offline

colchiro Wrote:You have a 1996 Honda CR-V SUV 2.0L, right?

Options are EFIE, MAP/MAF mod and other sensor mods (see my Tuning for Mileage link).

I think the EFIE will work best, but the other options would be cheaper if you wanted to try them first.

Well, I have a dual map enhancer and I will have to install it myself. I will go through your document and do my best with it. Yea I do have a 1996 Honda CR-V. I am going to master this if it takes me ten years. Rick, what sort of milage success have you got?
08-02-2008 12:05 PM
CraigBMM Offline

Liveguy Wrote:Hey Rick, if this doesn't work, what should I do mate? I suppose my next next step would be my MAP enhancer. I don't think the extender will work since the wrapping didn't. Do you know of any good step by step instruction in how to hook up a dual map enhancer?

Thanks! Liveguy

seems many dont know how the extenders work. works different than wrapping in foil . can also use spark plug non foulers which have a small hole port at the end. i believe this would allow less air in and is what you are trying to do with them.

what your trying to do with the extenders is trying to get the sensors to see less air . when they detect less air they tell the computer to add more air (air and HHO mix) to the system , more air less fuel.

attaching two together like the following photos shown has just been proven to work on a setup (70 mpg on a Toy Solara 2.4L , spacers and HHO only).. will it work for yours? dont know till ya try.

i'd try it and leave the foil off for now.
drill one out just like it shows in the photo . leave the next one with the small hole in it and screw it in. use two spacers per sensor just like in the photos.

do pre and post cat sensors

ref photos : http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=296791

we need to get this out as standard info somewhere.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2008 12:33 PM by CraigBMM.)
08-02-2008 12:17 PM
Liveguy Offline

Craig, thaks for that. The reason I think the O2 extender is attractive to me is because I am not a mechanic and I would feel more confident doing that than hooking up a MAP Enhancer.

Thanks for the link to the Pics, I will try it this week as I am off. All I need is the two extenders. Will a normal spanner takes these off with some anti-sieze lubricant? I am assuming that all O2 sensors are one size, 18mm?

I also have one single heated O2 sensor, this sounds good, I will try this.

Thanks, hopefully this will work, I will post my results here for sure.

Thanks again, this forum is great!
08-02-2008 12:48 PM
jeremy Offline

Anyone try extendrs on AFR'S ? (precat only)
08-02-2008 06:31 PM
colchiro Offline

Yes. I think it's making my mix too rich and costing me about 2 mpg. Was too hot today to remove so will do next weekend (about a 2 hour project).

Rick

08-02-2008 06:40 PM
CraigBMM Offline

Liveguy Wrote:Craig, thaks for that. The reason I think the O2 extender is attractive to me is because I am not a mechanic and I would feel more confident doing that than hooking up a MAP Enhancer.

Thanks for the link to the Pics, I will try it this week as I am off. All I need is the two extenders. Will a normal spanner takes these off with some anti-sieze lubricant? I am assuming that all O2 sensors are one size, 18mm?

I also have one single heated O2 sensor, this sounds good, I will try this.

Thanks, hopefully this will work, I will post my results here for sure.

Thanks again, this forum is great!

yes o2's are pretty standard size
i didnt have any trouble getting my o2 off . but i think each is dif.

I did find out the guy this did work for (2006 Toy Solara 2.4L , 70 mpg) has an AFR sensor pre cat . is yours o2 or AFR type sensor?

yes please keep us informed .
08-02-2008 10:43 PM