Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
O2 Override
T-Bone Offline

O2 Override
I understand the need for an EIFE Or similar device to take care of the o2 sensors. There is a site called Zero-Signal.org and it gives instructions to for constructing an o2 override device from two resistors and a capacitor. Has anyone seen or done this or just have any input. Thanks
05-29-2008 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Glennjr Offline

RE: O2 Override
What kind of vehicle are they demonstrating here ??? Most 4 wire O2 sensors, two of the wires are for the heater. Why are they putting a resistor across the heater circuit ? Maybe to fool the ECM into thinking the heater is working ??? Need more data on it and there is not much there !!
Glenn Jr.
05-29-2008 05:35 PM
T-Bone Offline

One resistor Is 12 ohm (I think) For the heater circuit.
The other is a 1k Ohm (I think) Between the other two wires along with the capacitor (Not sure of the value)

The site is Zero-Signal.org Looks like theres not much to the site just the brief instructions and a diagram
05-29-2008 05:43 PM
Glennjr Offline

Not sure why they would be messing with the heater circuit ?? Like I said it would have been nice if the had told you what kind of vehicle they were working on. Why remove the front seat ?? It almost seems as though they are working on the post O2 sensor. A lot of guys remove the cats from their vehicle and there are several mods out there to fool the ECM into thinking the O2 sensor is still there, so no SES light. Maybe this is one of those mods.
Glenn Jr.
05-29-2008 05:48 PM
T-Bone Offline

I dunno what vehicle it is i am just wandering if it works? and if it would prevent the need for an EFIE and just use the map enhancer?
Maybe I will drop by a local mechanic shop try to score a dead o2 sensor with a matching harness for my installation build one up and try it out. probably no harm done. Thinkin' outloud correct me if i am wrong. Maybe just wishfull thinkin'
05-29-2008 06:09 PM
Glennjr Offline

They must be using the capacitor to charge the circuit, but it would have to vary the voltage,otherwise the ECM will detect no voltage change and throw a code. Usually the wires of the same color are for the heater circuit.
05-29-2008 06:13 PM
Glennjr Offline

I just went back to their web site and read it again, it does state that the purpose of that schematic is when you don't have a catalytic converter. The fine print at the top. It probably won't work for what we are trying accomplish here as a matter of fact I'll bet it won't because there is no way to vary the voltage that the ECM sees.
05-29-2008 06:18 PM
HerronPerformance Offline

That is for the rear O2s more than likely, they want to stay at a certain mVs, that tells them that the cat is working...and those devices are called O2 Sims, sort of, but they are leaving the O2s in place. EPA hates those things and now the guys that used to make them for resale cant and the sites that were up to tell you how to make your own are gone.
Some tuning software can just delete the O2 codes and all is well...

http://www.herronperformance.com
05-29-2008 06:58 PM