Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
O2 Oxygen Sensor
7eviathan Offline

O2 Oxygen Sensor
I need your help. I received Single EFIE without Oxygen Sensor. Where can I buy Oxygen Sensor? In case, it has differnetly size, what is size? When I got it and where should I install o2 hole the house of HHO and touch to liquid or install on the exhust? I am not sure this one.

I really appreciate your help.
02-08-2009 05:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: O2 Oxygen Sensor
Hi 7ev. An efie works with the oxygen sensor already on your vehicle so no need to install a new one unless it's old and worn out, (usually when it's older than 50,000 to 100,000 miles).

hho is usually injected in the air filter housing, or in some cases, engine vacuum. We recommend you try the air filter first since it's easier.

Sorry, I'm not sure what your other questions are.

What year, make, model vehicle do you have?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2009 07:41 AM by colchiro.)
02-08-2009 07:40 AM
7eviathan Offline

THhank you Colchire, for fact I really thought that I just buy Oxgyen Sensor and install it on HHO House but I am wrong and lucky to ask this form to save my money. Where can I find my oxgyen sensor on my vehicle. Is it under the exhust?

My car is Toyota Tazz 1.6 and it is new one but it is not appearing in USA but it is in South Africa. It is very closer to Toyota Corrolla 1992 in USA.

I send you the picture about EFIE and please can you correct me if it is wrong? See the attachment.

I wait to see to your text :-)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-09-2009 09:12 AM
colchiro Offline

Sounds like you should check out the efie installation and o2 sensor description in my documents link.

This picture (from the efie installation) should describe the wiring. (You have to cut a wire going from the o2 sensor and install the efie between those wires.)

[Image: wiring-diagram.jpg]

The green wire connects directly to the black efie jack. The white wire connects directly to the red efie jack. These make it convenient to read the setting of your efie. By plugging a voltmeter (set to 2 VDC) into the black and red jacks on your efie, you can read the current setting and use that to adjust it.

I'd use a 2 amp fuse between the +12v and the red wire. (I think that's what you were asking.)

Your o2 sensor should be on your exhaust pipe between your engine and the catalytic converter. On my 2005 Toyota Rav4, it was right behind the radiator, sticking out of an aluminum heat shield. The o2 sensor is about the size of a spark plug.

Before installing, you need to make sure you don't have a wide-band o2 sensor, which is not compatible with the standard efie. Most US-made Toyotas since 2000 were wide band and would need a wide band efie. You can check the voltage on your sensor or email Bruce and see if he has access to your Toyota specs. Make sure you send a link to this thread and give him all your vehicle specs, like engine size, etc.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-09-2009 06:14 PM
7eviathan Offline

Thank you very much for your detials information and I will call you when I have problem. Thank you very BIG :-)
02-10-2009 02:53 AM
colchiro Offline

Any time. Wink

Rick

02-10-2009 02:13 PM
casey2003 Offline

I also am having trouble with o2 sensors. I keep getting a engine lite. The readout says I am to lean on bank one. I have my duel efie set to 200 millapmps.
This is a 2006 dodge dakota 3.7 v-6. My generator is putting ou about 1 lpm. Also my milage is worse since puttin unit on. I am going to change to a 21 plate dey cell and see if that helps, it can put out more hho,2lpm,. Any ideas guys? This is my fiest post.
Thanks
Fishin fool
03-14-2009 12:48 PM
colchiro Offline

Hi Casey.

Did you try 100 ma offset? If it's too lean I'd try turning the efie a lot lower. 200 ma is pretty high with a cell that's too small.

Rick

03-14-2009 02:16 PM
bigheavyd08 Offline

(03-14-2009 02:16 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Hi Casey.

Did you try 100 ma offset? If it's too lean I'd try turning the efie a lot lower. 200 ma is pretty high with a cell that's too small.

I DON'T NO THAT MUCH ABOUT CARS BUT I HEARD THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT U CAN PUT IN PLACE OF THE O2 SENSOR AN IT WOULD READ AS IF IT WAS WORKING .... WHAT I AM ASKING IS I WANT TO TAKE MY CAT. OFF BUT THERE IS AN O2 SENSOR ON IT SO WHAT CAN I DO BESIDES LEAVING THE CAT ON ?
03-16-2009 12:02 PM
casey2003 Offline

(03-14-2009 02:16 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Hi Casey.

I have changed to a 21 plate dry cell. I bis putting out approxmatly 2lpm at 20 amps. The electrolyte os potassiam hydroxide and the mix is 4 and 1/8 teaspoons per 3 quarts. The setting on the efie is 250mv. I did a test drive of 64 miles and shoed no increase in milage. Before the generator I was getting 16 miles per gallon. Also the pwm is set for 20 amps. Any Ideas?
03-17-2009 04:27 PM