Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
O2 Sensor Bank Locations
CrazyJoey Offline

O2 Sensor Bank Locations
I've been looking on this forum and around the Internet and I just wanted to confirm something I've been wondering about.

My wife's 2006 GMC Sierra turned in a P0154 code that I read off a OBD2 scanner. It gave the O2 sensor location as "Bank 2, Sensor 1".

From reading and researching online, Bank 2 is the side that cylinder 2 is on, which would be the passenger side, and Sensor 1 would be the upstream O2 sensor, right?
05-29-2009 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: O2 Sensor Bank Locations
Usually. I've never seen it stated like this as a standard. Usually, sensor 1 is the upstream sensor on a bank. But I don't know about bank 1 and bank 2 being determined by the cylinders as a standard.

I'm not expert on this subject however. I'd love to hear from someone else if such a system exists.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-29-2009 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: O2 Sensor Bank Locations
I've seen it referenced by cylinder but I would have guessed bank 1 is cylinder one side and bank 2 would be the other side. I don't recall tho. You could clear your codes, then pull that sensor's plug and see if you get another code that indicates bank 2 sensor 1. Hopefully you have a code reader that makes that easy. Wink

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-29-2009 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply