Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
O2 Sensor or AFR 2006 Nissan Titan
blade4252 Offline

O2 Sensor or AFR 2006 Nissan Titan
I have a 2006 FlexFuel Nissan Titan and am not sure if it has a O2 Sensor or a AFR Sensor. It is a 5 wire sensor with red, white, yellow, black, and grey wires. If anyone knows what type of sensor this is and which is wire is the signal wire i could really use the help.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2008 07:24 PM by blade4252.)
06-23-2008 02:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mtthhrs Offline

RE: O2 Sensor or AFR 2006 Nissan Titan
blade4252 Wrote:I have a 2006 FlexFuel Nissan Titan and am not sure if it has a O2 Sensor or a AFR Sensor. It is a 5 wire sensor with red, white, yellow, black, and grey wires. If anyone knows what type of sensor this is and which is wire is the signal wire i could really use the help.

I was having the same problem until last evening I figured it out and you can use an efie. I have an 2004 titan. Here is the thread http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=369. Its post # 23.

Matt
06-24-2008 01:19 PM
blade4252 Offline

So from what i see on the other post is that the EFIE will work. My now is what is the wire that the EFIE gets hooked up to, and what is the proper voltage that it needs to be set at. My AFR sensor has five wires which are red, white, yellow, black, and grey. Any help would be very helpfull.
06-25-2008 06:30 AM
import2nr Offline

did anyone figure out which wires to hook up to
07-03-2008 09:04 PM
nismotekk Offline

blade4252 Wrote:I have a 2006 FlexFuel Nissan Titan and am not sure if it has a O2 Sensor or a AFR Sensor. It is a 5 wire sensor with red, white, yellow, black, and grey wires. If anyone knows what type of sensor this is and which is wire is the signal wire i could really use the help.

titans use AFRs, usually if it has 5 wires it is an AFR. Nissan has used AFRs for a while now. The constant voltage for a nissan AFR is 1.47 volts. Which is smart because it will also give you the fuel trim if you move the decimal one place to the right 14.7. I have not worked for nissan in almost a year, but I did work there for quite a while. I still could be wrong. Did you back probe the wires?
07-04-2008 05:47 AM
texashydro Offline

I have a 2003 Nissian MURANO. Is this ALSO a AFR sensor set at 1.47 volt like the Titan??
07-10-2008 10:40 AM
nismotekk Offline

texashydro Wrote:I have a 2003 Nissian MURANO. Is this ALSO a AFR sensor set at 1.47 volt like the Titan??

I am pretty sure its an AFR, I will check tomorrow.
07-10-2008 12:04 PM
mike Offline

If nismotekk can give you the pin outs, that's great. But if you want to locate the correct wire by direct testing, the following can help you:

A 5-wire AFR sensor (also called a wide band oxygen sensor) will have the following pin outs, although the naming convention sometimes varies somewhat:

1) Heater + In AFRs this will vary in order to maintain a constant temperature at the sensing unit. So you can expect to see this changing constantly when the engine is running and go from 0 to 13 volts, but is usually closer to the middle of the range. It will be moving. There could be sensor that use a fixed voltage here, but all the ones I'm aware of change like this.

2) Heater - This is a ground wire. O Ohms to ground, or nearly 0.

3) and 4) These are the pump circuit wires. They work as a pair. A small current is generated on this pair of wires and in 4 wire AFR sensors the ECU obtains the air:fuel ratio based on the amount of current flowing.

5) This is the magical wire that you are looking for. It will vary the most of the non-heater wires. This is a simple voltage reference that tells the ECU what the air:fuel ratio is in 5-wire AFR sensors. You want to connect your EFIE to this wire.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-10-2008 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cotywhite Offline

I wish someone would be more specific with wire colors. Im sure that the wiring is all the same for all Nissan and Infiniti wiring this wide band unit. I've been trying to install an EFIE on my I35 and cant seem to find anything that can help me determine anything. Maybe I have my wires crossed or maybe I dont but should. I really dont know. I will sat this, the generator is making tons of HHO and the car is running smoother than ever. All I need now is to tweek the mix to see some gains in mileage.

One more thing. In the original generator I used Baking soda and ran it at about 12-15amps. In a week it was totally eating up the components. I replaced the parts and am now using the KOH and the difference is amazing, but beware. It doesnt take muck if that stuff to really get the amperage up there
07-11-2008 05:55 AM
tinman2020 Offline

go to Fuelsaver-mpg.org under effies they have a link that says they will help anyone find out exactly which wire they need to use no matter where you got the part.
That should be Fuelsaver-mpg Inc.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 05:04 PM by tinman2020.)
03-08-2013 05:02 PM