Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
O2 sensor Voltage
Kazee Offline

O2 sensor Voltage
I have wired up my EFIE Single Deluxe model to a 2005 Dodge Caravan 3.8 liter engine. The voltage on the O2 sensor ranges from 2.5 to 3.3 volts. I'm not getting mv and volts mixed up. My O2 sensor does not range between the .1 - .9 volts like I read about in all the literature. I have not seen any improvement in the mileage. I have a single HHO generator installed which is tapped into the intake manifold and the fresh air intake. Do you have any explaination for the voltage issue? I have read about an O2 sensor that uses a wide range voltage. Might I have one of these sensors in this van.
04-13-2008 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: O2 sensor Voltage
It sounds like it. You probably have an AFR sensor (Air Fuel Ratio) sensor. See "What Do I Need To Know About My Oxygen Sensor?". In particular, try looking up your wiring diagrams and manual information at AutoZone. You should be able to find out for sure what kind of sensor you have there.

If you do have AFR sensors, then see Tuning For Mileage, in the documents section for the handling.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-13-2008 06:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply