Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OBD1 is it harder to tune for HHO
hhagen_1 Offline

OBD1 is it harder to tune for HHO
I have a 1993 Saturn SL1 with a 1.9 liter engine. I have done some research today on OBD1 and had forgot about the adaptive memory of OBD1. I know first of my cell was making way to much HHO and I didn't clear the ECU before I started my first test.
What I want to know is if I put in resistors on both the coolant temperature and inlet air temperature with the map and O2 sensor handling will I see gains after I get my cell to a 1/4 of a liter a minute? Do I have to add KOH with the water I add to cell to top it off once it is running or just add water.
10-13-2012 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LittleGreenDot Offline
Super Moderator

RE: OBD1 is it harder to tune for HHO
Usually OBD1 cars are more responsive to sensor modification.
You can try the resistors, without an OBD1 scan tool to read what the computer is seeing you will spend some time tuning to get the right amount of resistance. Using a 3K or 5K ohm potentiometer instead of a fixed resistor will help.
You only want to add water when topping off the tank. The KOH isn't broken down by electrolysis, only the H2O is used so that's all you want to be replacing.
10-17-2012 09:23 AM
hhagen_1 Offline

RE: OBD1 is it harder to tune for HHO
So far I have only soldered in a 3.9k on the AIT. The coolant temp is going to be a little harder to get to. I like the idea of the pot to adjust the resistance for the coolant temp. I still have to build the EFIE and finish my PWM. I'm trying to build the one that I found on line from alt-nrg.org has current limiting but this one might be a little over my skill level.
10-23-2012 05:12 AM