Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OBDll connection
vernon Offline

OBDll connection
I would like to say hello to all. I'm new to this site. I do have a question about the OBDll connector in a 1999 Cadillac Deville. I would like to know if this connector is in series with the computer wires so I can tap into the wires at the plug or is it tapped into the computer wires at the computer. I have a scan gauge ll plugged in to the connector which gives me most of the various readings from the 02 sensors etc. Where is the best place to connect 02 optimizers and other senors so I may adjust the inputs? Thanks for any help and advice.
Vernon
07-07-2008 07:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: OBDll connection
I doubt that OBDII will help for that. It has computer signals, not the actual sensor outputs.

Maybe your ECU is in the vehicle (in the dash or under the seat) and you can easily tap into it (with the help of a wiring diagram for your vehicle).

Personally, I prefer under the hood since I see the sensor, I see the wires coming from the sensor and I don't have to work so hard to trace the wires back to the ECU.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-07-2008 07:26 PM
vernon Offline

Thanks for your commits. I have a motor manual but it doesn't show anything about computer pins or wiring. The computer is located under the air filter. I have located most of the senors. The 02 senors are the hard ones to find. I'm thinking the best place to tap into the senors would be at the computer. The verification of each wire is the hard part. I guess one wire at a time. Take care.

http://www.befreetech.com/xcart/catalog/?jrox=vernon
07-09-2008 07:43 AM
colchiro Offline

Maybe this thread will help: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=102

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-09-2008 03:55 PM
rpatzer Offline

vernon Wrote:Thanks for your commits. I have a motor manual but it doesn't show anything about computer pins or wiring. The computer is located under the air filter. I have located most of the senors. The 02 senors are the hard ones to find. I'm thinking the best place to tap into the senors would be at the computer. The verification of each wire is the hard part. I guess one wire at a time. Take care.

I found the best place to tap the O2 sensor wires is at the O2 sensor before the harness. You can see the wire colors. On my 4 wires, the BK is the one to cut for the EFIE.
07-13-2008 12:56 PM
colchiro Offline

RP, I agree.

Then if you ever replace the sensor, the hacked wire can go too and you can have one with only one wire cut and spliced. Gasp

Rick

07-13-2008 01:06 PM