Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Occasional black smoke from exhaust
enterprise Offline

Occasional black smoke from exhaust
I can tune the the EFIE to get a smooth tick-over, but on acceleration and when running at about 50-55 MPH I get some black smoke sometimes for the exhaust. Also I am not getting better mileage, it may even be slightly worse.
When I increase revs the voltage goes down. when I try to tune the enhancer the the voltage goes down.
08-11-2010 11:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Occasional black smoke from exhaust
Black smoke sounds like you're running rich, not lean. Also your lack of mileage improvement indicates the same thing. This can happen if you over-adjust the EFIE. If you adjust it too much, the computer rejects the sensor's data and will go into an extra rich mode. This may be what's happening.

When you say the "voltage goes down", what voltage are you talking about? And what voltages? I need more details about that.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-12-2010 11:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
enterprise Offline

When the engine id ticking over with Dip Switch # 2 on, and both pots turned to zero, the voltage reads 2.82 volts DC.

When the revs are increased the voltage goes down to approx. 2.30 volts DC.

When # 2 Dip Switch is on, and Pot B is at the halfway position, and pot A is adjusted to around the 9 o'clock position, the voltage drops to around 2.60 volts DC, and the engine runs very smoothly.

But on these settings, on acceleration or at 50-55 MPH Black smoke is sometimes showing at the tail pipe.

I have had no increase in MPG and possibly it is worse than before.

I have had the MAF checked out and everything is in order there.

Can you tell me what is the problem. Is it possible there is a fault in the sensor enhancer

Best regards

Edward Wrigley

PS. Is it possible to produce too much HHO, I have a Transitional Technologies Dynamic Dual 772, running at around 25-30 Amps, and this seems to produce a lot of gas,

Edward
08-12-2010 01:00 PM
mike Offline

Edward,

Please only write to one place. You've sent this same message to 2 of my email addresses and also here. I'm ending this thread, and I deleted one of the emails, and answered from support@fuelsaver-mpg.com. Please only write to me there. I get too much traffic from too many folks to get the same message sent to multiple locations.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-12-2010 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cqcummins Offline

hello,
Questions about combustion engine?
If you need,please leave a message.And I am glad to help.
My name is XueSong Zhou,Chinese,now the General Manager of CQ Kang cummins diesel

engine parts Ltd.
And,my little shop stores some CUMMINS PARTS!Our main products: Cummins overhaul

accessories, assembly parts, filter, crankshaft, connecting rod, fuel injection, etc.(

Involving models for NT855, KTA19, M11, L10, ISM11, QSM11, QSK19, KTA38, KTA50

etc. cars, ships, construction machinery, such as parts)
Here is my home page URL.
http://www.enginepartscom.com[Image: QSX15%20construction-015.jpg][Image: QSX15%20construction-009.jpg]
08-15-2010 01:33 AM