Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Odd reading from unit
bagrman Offline

Odd reading from unit
Hi
Got a dual Efie and hooked it up, it was an earlier one so the pots came apart. Fixed that and now when on and testing the left test ports read 1.6** and the rt port reads 3.000 with the three blinking, Which would normally mean continuity but I'm not set on that with the meter.

Suggestions, fixes?

Latr
Chris
bagrman
07-24-2008 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Odd reading from unit
Is this the deluxe EFIE?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-24-2008 03:12 PM
bagrman Offline

colchiro Wrote:Is this the deluxe EFIE?

yes
07-24-2008 03:42 PM
colchiro Offline

Ok, then if you insert your voltmeter black lead in black jack and red in red, you should be able to read the EFIE offset voltage (the amount the EFIE raises your o2 sensor output).

Is that how you're measuring it?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-24-2008 03:54 PM
bagrman Offline

colchiro Wrote:Ok, then if you insert your voltmeter black lead in black jack and red in red, you should be able to read the EFIE offset voltage (the amount the EFIE raises your o2 sensor output).

Is that how you're measuring it?

Yes The pot has no effect on the reading. same on 2 different meters.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 03:57 PM by bagrman.)
07-24-2008 03:56 PM
colchiro Offline

Are you sure you have the wires connected to proper source?

If you turn up the voltage on your meter to 20 volts or somewhere in that range and measure each black to ground, what do you get for voltage with the engine running?

Rick

07-24-2008 04:12 PM
bagrman Offline

Looking at the efie switch on the left, left side when first started, .511-519 bouncing once on for a minute .475. rt side .572- .565 bouncing , once on for a minute .465, this is with the unit off .

When on left side 2.009 rt side 3.000 with the 3 flashing.

Red to power, (keyed) and the black to ground.
07-24-2008 04:30 PM
colchiro Offline

When you said "switch on the left", you threw me for a second, then I figured you meant like this:
[Image: DualEfieDeluxe_LRG.jpg]

Ok, .5 volts when off sounds like you found the right o2 sensor wires.

3.000 sounds like you're using a 3 volt scale and it's over-range, which means it might be 3.4 volts or 14 volts.

Best to leave it off for now and wait for Mike to check in.

Out of curiosity, your engine runs ok when EFIE is off? What about when it was on?

Rick

07-24-2008 04:46 PM
bagrman Offline

Yea, sorry I had to put it in where it would fit. It's an 01 ford van with 4L motor . runs fine weather on or off. The charging system will do 14.3 when on. Good to know on the wiring as it's sealed nicely and I didn't want to f with it again.

Latr
07-24-2008 05:04 PM
mike Offline

Hi guys.

I actually don't understand what's going on here. I didn't get your first post, bagrman. I don't understand what's blinking. If I understand correctly, you're reading 1.6 volts between the black and red test ports on one side, and 3.0 volts on the other side.

If that's the case, then it sounds like the range adjustment pots have been changed and the correct range needs to be reestablished. This is covered in the following: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/RangeAdjust.html

The next thing that I don't quite get, is the voltages for the sensor that you reported. Those sensors sound like they're dead. OR the meter is not working properly. I'd like you to try testing them with another meter if that's not too much trouble. Measure from the black test port to a good ground. With the engine running you should be seeing much more change than you reported. Like .3 to .8 volts or so, and fluctuating to fast to follow easily.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-24-2008 07:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply