Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
*Official* Smacks Booster Results Thread
vestaviascott Offline

*Official* Smacks Booster Results Thread
I'm new here, so forgive me if this is a bit of an indulgent thread, but I really would like to see a series of threads dedicated to results on a particular design. In this case, I would like to open this thread for anyone using the Smack booster design for HHO injection.

I've downloaded the plans and I'm considering building off the smack's plan, so I'm really curious what real world results folks are seeing with this design. Please post the make, model and year, your catalyst and your before/after mpg. Also, to help others, if there are any tweaks you've made to the stock design that have proved worthy, please share them.

Vestavia Hills, Al
1996 Infiniti I-30 (20 mpg)
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Gaz Guzzler - wife driver 14 mpg
06-08-2008 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T-Bone Offline

RE: *Official* Smacks Booster Results Thread
Ive got the plans for the smack booster built it and run it in a 2000 chevy Z71 5.3 vortec engine. Sorry no results yet havent filled up yet. on the last half tank mileage looked about the same maybe worse. I am researching an EFIE but havent selttled in on a design yet. I have run the booster pretty extensively havent yet measured the output accurately. but im certain that it will be in the 1.2-1.7L Per minute range. will update thanks for the thread.
Oh yeah pre booster mileage 16MPG on a good day.
T-Bone Big Grin
06-09-2008 02:26 PM
rode_warrior2003 Offline

OKay-
I'm running my Smack copy for the 5.7 HEMI along with a dual EFIE.
Still tweaking watching, and playing.
On my last fill up I'm realizing approx 2.7 mpg beter now than before installing anything.
It seems that most are running these on smaller engines, I'm gonna pair it up or build one that can produce more for the big V-8.
Have fun with it Smile
06-12-2008 04:04 PM
glbart Offline

I have been running my smack for a month, no mpg increase. I have a efie and resistors on cts & iat sensors, no cat. Don't know what else to do.
06-12-2008 07:10 PM
colchiro Offline

You guys with V8's should have 2 cells connected in series to cut down the heat.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2008 07:16 PM by colchiro.)
06-12-2008 07:15 PM
jksav7 Offline

Due to its series design, I'm pretty sure the Smack booster needs the full 12-14 volts to be an effective gas producer.

colchiro Wrote:You guys with V8's should have 2 cells connected in series to cut down the heat.
06-12-2008 07:27 PM
colchiro Offline

jksav7 Wrote:Due to its series design, I'm pretty sure the Smack booster needs the full 12-14 volts to be an effective gas producer.

I realized after posting that you'd probably have to drop out a few neutrals. But then I looked over the plans and you have 2 sets of 3 cells so I think it'd work fine.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-13-2008 08:46 PM
jksav7 Offline

It's actually two sets of four cells, or as I recently heard someone else explain it, "two series cells wired in parallel".

There's the + on each end plate - in the middle.

colchiro Wrote:I realized after posting that you'd probably have to drop out a few neutrals. But then I looked over the plans and you have 2 sets of 3 cells so I think it'd work fine.
06-14-2008 04:20 AM
glbart Offline

the smacks booster works very well, mine produces 1.5L at 13 to 14v 15 to 25 amp draw. With no MPG change????????????
06-14-2008 05:03 AM
colchiro Offline

Jk, 6 cells is considered optimal. So if you pull a neutral pair off each side it'd run cooler and should be more efficient since you'd be closer to a true series design.

Rick

06-14-2008 06:36 AM