Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
*Official* Smacks Booster Results Thread
MauiH2O Offline

RE: *Official* Smacks Booster Results Thread
Tom1803

Tom have you checked for leakage? Is the cell sealed tight and tubing connections tight?

Just a note: You are using a lot more lye than I do, about twice as much.

My cell now produces over 2 liters per minute at about 18 - 20 amps "hot"
Production increased as the plates were conditioned - about 20 - 30 hours of running time.

Aloha Maui H2O
01-14-2009 09:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doitagain Offline

(11-05-2008 07:57 AM)Val08 Wrote:  
memmer Wrote:I am dumb when it comes to this stuff but I can build things Ok. How do you measure the gas that you are producing?
Thanks Anyone
FRED

Hi Fred,

This is what I did. I took a 1 ltr pop/water bottle and then used a measuring cup to add water 100 ml at a time to it ... made a mark each 100 I added....... up to 500 ml which is 1 ltr. then took a 1/4 inch drill bit and drilled a hole in the top to one side of the lid and a smaller bit towards the other side. I put my hose into the 1/4 inch hole and left the other open for water to escape. Fill the bottle with water and turn upside down in a large bucket of water. when you start your unit you can connect the hose to the output and when you see the first bubble come out start counting with your second hand or a timer. What hho is in the bottle after 1 min is how many ml/min you have.
Hope this helps. Note: you can also use a 2 ltr bottle if you get more than 1 ltr per min.

Val

Val,

"....... up to 500 ml which is 1 ltr."

500ml is only half a liter. 1000ml is one liter.
01-22-2009 08:53 AM
Ipsidicsitismic Offline

A friend of mine is looking to install a Smacks system on his later-model Volkswagen Golf TDI and, out of curiosity, I started looking into what exactly a Smacks system was.. what I found raised questions on a couple issues I'm hoping the denizens here can address.

1) On all the results pages I've seen so far, I've seen emissions results [claims and printouts from testing sites] and efficiency results [claims] but never both efficiency and emissions results from the same test. Can anyone point me towards a test where both results are published?

2) One test showed some interesting emissions benefits. NOx was cut by 50% once "boost" was activated. This is indicative of cooler combustion. With cooler combustion, is the gas burned less usefully, even as it may be getting burned more completely? It's perfectly plausible that the gas is burned more completely with the addition of HHO resulting in better emissions and better economy [dependent on throttle usage Big Grin] but that it happens slower [cooler temps = lower NOx] while still resulting in a decrease in performance because the slower/cooler combustion drags on past the optimal burn time in the cylinder/head? Not as much an issue with a diesel engine, I'd suspect, but what about for a gas enigne, especially a higher-compression injected engine?

and finally, 3) are late-model VW TDI engines so efficient that using an HHO boost system wouldn't result in any appreciable gains beyond emissions reduction? Where I live, emissions aren't tested, but my friend is the sort of guy to do it for the karma, anyway.

Thanks in advance for your input Smile

James
03-02-2009 07:38 AM
clickhere255 Offline

anyone exerimented with the B.B. Smack Gen IV?
i dont hear much about it, but it seems like a very very well engineered cell.

anyone who is currently using it, or has comments (positive or negative) please let me know
i am about to get one in the mail this week

92 honda civic hatchback 30-34mpg before install.
Got my BB smack!
just working out the kninks
03-12-2009 06:56 PM
clickhere255 Offline

(03-12-2009 06:56 PM)clickhere255 Wrote:  anyone exerimented with the B.B. Smack Gen IV?
i dont hear much about it, but it seems like a very very well engineered cell.

anyone who is currently using it, or has comments (positive or negative) please let me know
i am about to get one in the mail this week

i now have the cell and im very excited Smile
the only problem is,
i cant figure out how to wire it.
i know there is a diagram on his site,
but it isnt working that way.
i cant figure it out
and im not too amazing at electrical stuff.
especially cells that have 4 connecting points and
multiple ways to wire.

anyone able to explain it to me, or have a picture of a dry cell
for example would be greatly appreciated!
thanks all

92 honda civic hatchback 30-34mpg before install.
Got my BB smack!
just working out the kninks
03-17-2009 07:11 PM
tinman2020 Offline

what happens if you reverse the polarity of the smacks
03-13-2013 06:38 PM