Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official ridiculous eBay HHO generators etc
Jameson Offline

Official ridiculous eBay HHO generators etc
I am going to start this thread in hopes that an eBayer will stumble upon it and see some real info on what they are considering spending their money on. I do not do this to bash eBay..I sell on eBay myself, computer hardware. I only want to help those uninformed buyers.

Anyway..I would like for people to post ridiculous products, claims, etc to help buyers that may be googling HHO, hydrogen, etc because they saw something on eBay and they want to see a review somewhere.

(please do not post the seller as this may get this thread cancelled)

Here is my first ridiculous eBay find:

Found one that was a PVC tube about the size of a size 9 male shoe. Claims were this: Produces about 3L per minute on only about 10A. No other info was provided, no proof, no pics of cell design, no info on cell design...

So I asked the seller...What is cell config and what test results can you provide to validate these results? ....the answer... I cannot disclose my cell design because many eBayers have been copying my design and trying to sell it. I was like ok, well at least show your output tests so that you can prove your claims.."Sorry I cant do that but I guarantee what I have said" ....Sorry when you have ZERO feedback and are selling a product with no proof of anything...good luck! I was only trying to help. Maybe it was legit...nah. But I was giving the seller the benefit of the doubt.

Please reply to this post as it may help newcomers that do their research on eBay to search elsewhere and get some real info.
08-21-2008 11:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: Official ridiculous eBay HHO generators etc
Wow, that's a good find...for a BAD seller and generator scam!! Also, DO NOT buy any of the kits you see ANYWHERE that are created from the SS wire method, because it's a HUGE waste of money. My first generator was an ebay one for $60 consisting of the wide-mouth mason jar and two SS bolts. Wow, what a waste after I stumbled upon this website...

In all honesty, many people are realizing this is now a huge market and are taking advantage of that. DO NOT turn to unreliable sellers for a generator, especially on ebay these days. Too many scams or people looking for money, not quality. If you do happen to find what looks like a good gen on ebay, PLEASE run it through the people on the forums first! Many people can find more problems than one person could ever find by themselves.

In all honesty, I'll be more than happy to build you a generator for $150 instead of seeing you waste time and money going to ebay for the answer. HHO is something that takes time, there is no "one step fix" solution, period. Stop daydreaming and build your own or contact me! Again, you'll have a unit pushing about 1LPM that was built right for $150 instead of a $100 piece of garbage. That's only if you want to spend 3x the cost of making one yourself, though Laugh.

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
08-22-2008 12:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jameson Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Wow, that's a good find...for a BAD seller and generator scam!! Also, DO NOT buy any of the kits you see ANYWHERE that are created from the SS wire method, because it's a HUGE waste of money. My first generator was an ebay one for $60 consisting of the wide-mouth mason jar and two SS bolts. Wow, what a waste after I stumbled upon this website...

In all honesty, many people are realizing this is now a huge market and are taking advantage of that. DO NOT turn to unreliable sellers for a generator, especially on ebay these days. Too many scams or people looking for money, not quality. If you do happen to find what looks like a good gen on ebay, PLEASE run it through the people on the forums first! Many people can find more problems than one person could ever find by themselves.

In all honesty, I'll be more than happy to build you a generator for $150 instead of seeing you waste time and money going to ebay for the answer. HHO is something that takes time, there is no "one step fix" solution, period. Stop daydreaming and build your own or contact me! Again, you'll have a unit pushing about 1LPM that was built right for $150 instead of a $100 piece of garbage. That's only if you want to spend 3x the cost of making one yourself, though Laugh.

Yes people, ebay can be an excellent source of products but PLEASE PLEASE do your research first. Most people selling generators do not the first thing about it.

Here's another I saw:

A mason jar..with 4 SS bolts in it!! Thats like 2 cells in one! OMG I need to pay double for this! NO NO NO NO. Build it yourself or ask someone who has had REAL experience.

DO NOT do your research on eBay. Buy there if you like, but please do your research somewhere else, where products arent being sold.
08-22-2008 12:27 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

Agreed to that last comment. People have asked me some of the stupidest questions ever about HHO when I talk to them about it, including "it doesn't work until I see a dyno sheet. Why does nobody have one?" I tend to give them a minute to think about that one, just to have them realize that a dyno sheet won't put out much info other than HP gains (or losses if any??). People just need to take time to see how great this thing called the computer really is. Or maybe they need to jump on their notebooks with wifi to figure out what THAT is first, so then they can move onto HHO research! Laugh

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

08-22-2008 12:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randolphoralph Offline

I ran across this cell and was curious if anyone can give any input on it. Such as LPM or if it is worth the money.

Hydrogen Garage Clear Educational Cell
08-22-2008 08:27 AM
Jameson Offline

randolphoralph Wrote:I ran across this cell and was curious if anyone can give any input on it. Such as LPM or if it is worth the money.

Hydrogen Garage Clear Educational Cell

Hydrogen Garage is a respectable entity. However for the wait time, price, and materials used, youd be better off building it yourself. He uses a water filter housing you can get from lowes for about 20$ or used somewhere cheaper. The plates and hardware can be bought at your local metal shop or sometimes cheaper online. I actually have a metal worker supplying my stainless at very good price. Those cells he makes (Hydrogen Garage) produce around a lpm (1 lpm) but can achieve more if insulated or used in conjunction with a PWM.
08-22-2008 08:40 AM
Jameson Offline

I keep seeing this one...It makes me laugh a little but sad because several people have wasted their money.

Its called the snake. It consists of a 13 foot water hose with supposedly 24 foot of stainless steel cable inside and PVC end that you put water in. Must be good though, on a bench test he produces bubbles as big as goose eggs...interesting. Is that the scientific measurement? What makes me even more mad about this guy is that hes selling them for $150 plus. People please do your research and read these people's feedback.
08-22-2008 09:24 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

Jameson Wrote:I keep seeing this one...It makes me laugh a little but sad because several people have wasted their money.

Its called the snake. It consists of a 13 foot water hose with supposedly 24 foot of stainless steel cable inside and PVC end that you put water in. Must be good though, on a bench test he produces bubbles as big as goose eggs...interesting. Is that the scientific measurement? What makes me even more mad about this guy is that hes selling them for $150 plus. People please do your research and read these people's feedback.

LOL!!! WTFugly?!?!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HHO-Hydro...0245883165

First of all, I can't trust him because he doesn't even know how to use a period. Second, WTF is that and how does it even work?!?! It looks like a GIANT TAPE WORM!! All he does is bash other ideas, not even taking a minute to explain his own. He does touch up on explaining that HHO output is modified from amperage and a couple other factors, but that's it. Just, no. Why? No...

Again, everybody needs to do research before jumping the gun! That guy already has sold more than he deserves to. I think ebay is quite funny in seeing descent kits selling for cheap and huge scams selling for lots. I guess it's all about the publicity...?

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

08-22-2008 09:41 AM
colchiro Offline

Jameson Wrote:Hydrogen Garage is a respectable entity. However for the wait time, price, and materials used, youd be better off building it yourself. He uses a water filter housing you can get from lowes for about 20$ or used somewhere cheaper. The plates and hardware can be bought at your local metal shop or sometimes cheaper online. I actually have a metal worker supplying my stainless at very good price. Those cells he makes (Hydrogen Garage) produce around a lpm (1 lpm) but can achieve more if insulated or used in conjunction with a PWM.

My concern is their design isn't very efficient. When Smacks and Hyzor are wrapping and insulating their plates to make them a sealed series design (less heat, more efficient, less current), I see no reason to go with HG.

FWIW, I bought their water filter housing (since it was clear) and considered ordering their cell, but changed my mind. I have their PWM but it's half finished since the parts didn't work out. Either I screwed up or they sent the wrong parts.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-22-2008 11:05 AM
Scorp76 Offline

I have been wondering about this "SNAKE" myself. Foe one, even if this thing does work its not practical. Not many people have room under their hoods for that much hose. Also, has anyone noticed his feedback? Although it is all positive I noticed two things, for one he does have negative in there but its listed as positive. Two, not a single comment on the snakes feedback mentions its use just fast shipping!

I agree, there are some pretty shady items being sold on Ebay for HHO cells and accessories. This market is wide open and the scammers are drooling right now!
08-22-2008 07:46 PM