Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One adjustment pot?
AlexR Offline

One adjustment pot?
I just got my Wideband EFIE in the mail yesterday.

I see there is only one pot for adjustment. It is a dual EFIE - only one pot is necessary? I guess there is no need to adjust each side individually?

I'll be putting this on a Honda CRV which only has one pre-cat wideband sensor anyway, so I'm more curious than anything.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
01-07-2009 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: One adjustment pot?
Yes, just one pot for both sides.

Let us know how it works. Don't crank it too far. The wideband version has more clout with the ecu than a narrow band.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-07-2009 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
John Sargent Offline

(01-07-2009 02:26 PM)AlexR Wrote:  I just got my Wideband EFIE in the mail yesterday.

I see there is only one pot for adjustment. It is a dual EFIE - only one pot is necessary? I guess there is no need to adjust each side individually?

I'll be putting this on a Honda CRV which only has one pre-cat wideband sensor anyway, so I'm more curious than anything.

Hi Alex,
I just put mine on my Accord. Make sure you connect ONLY the white or the blue wire, not both, to your AFR in the front. Recommend you turn it all the way to the left, then back to the right 1/4 turn. I found that even that little was giving me fuel starvation and hesitation. Still adjusting mine, but it works great so far. If your CRV is like my Accord, your second sensor is an O2 sensor, and this efie won't work with it. Nonetheless, after waiting for an AFR solution for so long, I'm a happy camper! John
01-07-2009 04:35 PM
colchiro Offline

It's nice to not have to cut wires too. Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-07-2009 05:12 PM
mike Offline

(01-07-2009 02:26 PM)AlexR Wrote:  I just got my Wideband EFIE in the mail yesterday.

Hi Alex,

Yes, we only put in one pot for both sides. The need to individually adjust the narrow band version stemmed from the fact that we were usually trying to set them as high as possible without throwing a code and/or forcing the ECU into open loop. Often one sensor could be set higher than the other with profit.

But with these Wide Band EFIEs, this is not an issue. We're just keeping the 2 sides the same. And if you want leaner, then turn it up. You won't set a code with these. Just be careful because we don't have the built in safety like we do with the narrow band version. I believe that you can over lean the engine if you set these too high, with possible resultant heat damage to valves or cylinder head.

I'll probably work out some legal disclaimer to punch home this point when I start broadly producing these.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-08-2009 09:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlexR Offline

Mike,

Thanks for the info!

Happy New Year!

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
01-09-2009 01:18 PM