Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ozone gas generator
qsiguy Offline

Ozone gas generator
I guess I'll be the first to kick off this area of the forum. I've been experimenting with the use of ozone gas injection. My initial experiments were successful enough to justify further testing and that was without the use of the EFIE. Now that I have the EFIE I'm hoping to achieve some really good results. I'll keep you all posted on the results. I started offering this generator on my site but stopped until I could validate and confirm my results.

Here is a photo of my current ozone setup. Started with one generator and added the second. The system has been off for a while but will soon be fire up again with the addition of the EFIE. I'm pretty sure the lack of the EFIE prevented most of the possible gains.

[Image: Dual_O3_generators01.jpg]

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
02-06-2008 09:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Ozone gas generator
Sounds cool. This is the first I've heard of using ozone. However, I would think adding extra oxygen in any format should achieve better combustion. Please keep us informed of the results.

How much will one of those babies go for?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-07-2008 02:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qsiguy Offline

List on these generators is ~$100. I can do better than list for customers. I don't like to sell just the generator tho. You really should have the filter/drier (seen at the bottom of the photo) to get clean dry air to the generator. Any moisture in the reactor isn't good since these operate by the corona discharge method which is very high voltage. I will most likely be putting together a little kit to include with the generator so you have what you need for most installations. All this is pending verification that it will produce decent results.

These units run at 12 VDC and only draw .25 amps. So basically no additional load on the motor/electrical system, unlike HHO, so any gains will be virtually free.

02-07-2008 10:00 AM
qsiguy Offline

Managed to find some time Saturday to get my EFIE installed. Do you have a standard setting you ship this at? Mine went up to about .26 volts upon install and so far I've turned it down 3/4 of a turn CCW. and am at around .23 volts. The car seems to be running fine so I will try it at that voltage for this tank. Have you determined any consistency to how many volts increase/decrease from 1 turn of the pot?

As of right now I have the ozone back on and the EFIE working. Just filled up this morning so I should have some results in about a week. I've been getting 25-26 mpg for the last few months consistently. My best ever mileage on this truck is just over 32 but that was in much warmer weather. I know I can get a few mpg's adding air to the tires but I plan to wait so I don't skew my ozone/EFIE results.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2008 10:34 AM by qsiguy.)
02-18-2008 10:33 AM
mike Offline

I used to set them exactly at .25, but I stopped doing that. It's time consuming, and I believe a more correct starting voltage is lower anyway. I usually set them at the approximate midpoint however.

No, there isn't a standard number of turns per voltage because the resistance vs voltage is logarithmic, not arithmetic. At the lower end of the voltage scale, larger changes occur with fewer turns than at the higher end of the scale.

If you look at the article EFIE Range Adjustment Instructions, you'll see this described in more detail.

Visit Our Documents Page
02-18-2008 12:38 PM
qsiguy Offline

Time to full up the truck in the morning. Very anxious to see the results of this first tank. From the looks of it I've done very well. I typically have to fill up after about 260-290 miles. As of right now I'm at around 1/8th of a tank and I'm over 300 miles into the tank. I could be wrong but I'm hoping for ~30+ MPG which would be a significant improvement with only the ozone/EFIE set. I know I can also gain about 2-4 mpg with a slight over inflation of the tires and dropping the tailgate. I know the tailgate is debatable but I've always netted ~1-2 mpg increase with the tailgate down if I'm spending much time on the highway.

I'll let you know tomm. what my results were. If they are decent I'll post them on the results forum as well.

02-21-2008 10:54 PM
mike Offline

Cool. I believe you on the tailgate, btw. I liked that article on your site with all of the common sense (which isn't so common) ways of saving gas.

Visit Our Documents Page
02-21-2008 11:50 PM
qsiguy Offline

Initial Results are in for the first full tank. Not as good as expected but not bad. I won't say it's "cold" here as compared to where many of you are but it's still considered pretty cold for here in Phoenix and we all know we get better MPG in the warm weather. Anyway...

My last 16 tank average is 25.88 mpg and the first tank with my EFIE/O3 generators on is 28.66 for a gain of 9.72%. The previous tank was 25.52 mpg which makes for a gain of 11.9% over the last tank. The miles were mixed city/hwy for my typical commute to the office of ~75 miles per day.

After the first day of adjusting the EFIE has been set to ~220mv. I haven't hard mounted my EFIE yet so in the morning I will hold it in front of the heater vent for a bit to heat up the case and I can see the offset rise much more rapidly. If I don't do this it can take up to 30-40 minutes to come all the way up to full offset in the morning. I figure the faster I can get it up to it's full offset the better I'll do with my MPG. I think that little heater mod would be a nice feature. Even a simple timer to run the "heater" for about 10 minutes or so upon power up should bring it up to temp much quicker. It's not even that cold here, it must take forever in the frigid climates where some of you live.

I like graphs and charts...
[Image: Toyotampggraphw_EFIE_O3added.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2008 09:05 AM by qsiguy.)
02-22-2008 08:55 AM
mike Offline

Re: warm up time: I have had good luck with mine by just putting it in the upper rear of the engine compartment. It warms up there pretty fast, even on very cold days (here that's about 35 or 40 degrees).

Is your baseline mileage with no fuel savers added? You have the 1,001 techniques for saving on fuel page (my loose and exaggerated title for a page I really like). Were those in relatively equal application during your test miles?

10% can save a significant amount of money, but I agree, there should be more savings available there.

Visit Our Documents Page
02-22-2008 12:49 PM
qsiguy Offline

Yes, I had removed all MPG savings mods a while back so all the baseline readings were stock in pretty much similar conditions. All I have been doing lately is driving carefully, still using some coasting techniques. Same driving as with the EFIE/O3 (that has a nice ring to it I think).

02-22-2008 01:54 PM