Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ozone gas generator
mike Offline

RE: Ozone gas generator
Lol, yes it does have a nice ring!

OK, cool. Keep us posted on the results of other settings. I like the fact that you do long tests. I always did longer tests too, so the ECU could settle in to the new settings.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-22-2008 03:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bandit354 Offline

I am interested in the ozone gas generator and was wondering on when you were thinking about adding back onto your online store.
04-08-2008 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qsiguy Offline

My latest tests have proven to be inconclusive. I've shut off my ozone but left the EFIE and the vacuum draw through the ozone generators so all things would remain equal and my mileage increase has stayed the same. Conclusion...in this case it seems as tho the ozone wasn't helping and the increase was mostly/entirely from the EFIE.

I have product I can sell but I will most likely not be putting it back into my store until I work out a solution to prove good results. If you would like to experiment with one I will be happy to sell you one. I have a couple demo/used ones you could get a killer deal on. Shoot me an email. shane at mpgsolutions dot org

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
04-08-2008 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
70gmc402 Offline

QSIGUY - go for tailgate net. Mythbusters went through the process a couple years ago and found that the net was the best compromise between pressure in the bed area and drag - just enough pressure to create a bubble of air that the laminar flow can travel smoothly over and leak out the tail gate area for minimum drag. Tail up = big air bubble that turns into turbulence. Tail down = too much turbulent drag at back with no bubble.
05-29-2008 10:53 PM
qsiguy Offline

I watched all those episodes of Mythbusters. I feel it is very dependent on the model of truck. My little Toyota consistently got 1-2 MPG better with the tailgate down over multiple full tank mileage tests. Mythbusters always got worst MPG with the tailgate down on their full size Ford trucks. I've never tried a tailgate net but it would be interesting to see the results.

05-30-2008 07:46 AM
geezergeek1 Offline

Big Grin RE: Ozone gas generator
Big Grin
Do you have a schematic of the O2 generator that you would be willing to share with people like myself who would like to do some prototyping with that technology also? I know what you mean by "corona discharge" method of using high voltage to produce ozone, but would like to avoid recreating the wheel whenever possible. I could see ozone being used elsewhere on a modern homestead givenn it's decay to harmless elements with no surprize toxins left behind.

If there is no available schematic, maybe a source where one could buy a couple of units as an alternative to scratch building. Thanks in advance for your efforts, best regards, Joe. (email is best for individual communication : pcfixr@upwardaccess.com, I don't get to browze the forums as often so posting a reply
is a bit less reliable.)
05-31-2008 10:22 PM
RKS Offline

geezergeek1 Wrote::D
Do you have a schematic of the O2 generator that you would be willing to share with people like myself who would like to do some prototyping with that technology also? I know what you mean by "corona discharge" method of using high voltage to produce ozone, but would like to avoid recreating the wheel whenever possible. I could see ozone being used elsewhere on a modern homestead givenn it's decay to harmless elements with no surprize toxins left behind.

If there is no available schematic, maybe a source where one could buy a couple of units as an alternative to scratch building. Thanks in advance for your efforts, best regards, Joe. (email is best for individual communication : pcfixr@upwardaccess.com, I don't get to browze the forums as often so posting a reply
is a bit less reliable.)

RKS:
Hi Gang,
I've just been experimenting with Ozone generation myself and am about to build a Mk.2 version. The original version seems to be improving fuel economy by 10%, but that is on the strength of one tank and half a test run (I went around a 23.9mile open road route with the unit off, refilled, and then intended to redo the route with the unit on but the fuse holder broke, which is where I was switching it - will complete the test on the next full tank...)

I have installed a performance meter to gauge any change in power and torque, but the tacho feature doesn't work (am working on that) and have ordered a fuel flow sender which will give me instant A-B fuel flow, one hopes.

My interest is more academic than practical, my car got around 12.5mpg (imperial gallon) around town when I bought it, 13.5mpg just before the Ozone generator went in and 14.9mpg on the last tankful.

I designed the discharge tube myself and it sits in the airbox, running at around 4kV. I have another design of high voltage adapter on the table and will try it as soon as the transformer arrives (will be 7kv and able to drive two discharge tubes).

I suppose I am a bit of a faker at a fuel saver forum - I thought the ozone might give the car an extra bit of life, but the 5.6ltr high performance Mercedes engine already has a fair bit (around 315hp). The ozone unit certainly does give it a bit of extra life at low revs, which is probably where the greatest fuel saving is. This makes sense when you consider that the ozone production is constant (no more at higher revs).

I'll let you know how the power and economy A-B tests go :)

Robert
06-01-2008 06:04 AM
qsiguy Offline

There are a few companies that sell generator components. They are basically just a high voltage generator with the corona discharge tube which is typically made from a glass tube with an electrode in the center and a metal outer shell. The high voltage will create the "corona", basically the arcing that produces the gas. There are a few different types of ozone cells. I've looked through my information and can't seem to locate it, but there is one company that sells many components for DIY'ers to make generators. I can get you components but you will be much more for what I offer. The company I'm thinking of has really good prices but the parts are not super high quality. Good for home experimentation. I will keep looking and post if I can find it.

06-02-2008 09:59 AM
RKS Offline

qsiguy Wrote:There are a few companies that sell generator components. They are basically just a high voltage generator with the corona discharge tube which is typically made from a glass tube with an electrode in the center and a metal outer shell. The high voltage will create the "corona", basically the arcing that produces the gas. There are a few different types of ozone cells. I've looked through my information and can't seem to locate it, but there is one company that sells many components for DIY'ers to make generators. I can get you components but you will be much more for what I offer. The company I'm thinking of has really good prices but the parts are not super high quality. Good for home experimentation. I will keep looking and post if I can find it.

I designed my own corona discharge tubes and they are very effective. Basically, it is a glass tube with an aluminium lining on the inside and a coil on the outside, the Ozone is produced on the outside where it can be sucked directly into the engine (the tube sits in the air filter box).

I have a couple of designs of high voltage generator and am just waiting on a high voltage transformer. I have been getting some parts from 'Information Unlimited' http://www.amazing1.com/ which may be the place you had in mind. My discharge tube appears to be more effective than their design for this particular application, but mine is hand made and a bit fiddly.

Robert
06-02-2008 05:56 PM
rpatzer Offline

qsiguy Wrote:I guess I'll be the first to kick off this area of the forum. I've been experimenting with the use of ozone gas injection. My initial experiments were successful enough to justify further testing and that was without the use of the EFIE. Now that I have the EFIE I'm hoping to achieve some really good results. I'll keep you all posted on the results. I started offering this generator on my site but stopped until I could validate and confirm my results.

Here is a photo of my current ozone setup. Started with one generator and added the second. The system has been off for a while but will soon be fire up again with the addition of the EFIE. I'm pretty sure the lack of the EFIE prevented most of the possible gains.

[Image: Dual_O3_generators01.jpg]

Sir- I am just curious how this O3 works. Ozone is oxygen + 1 more molecule of oxygen. How does extra oxygen help in mileage improvement? The extra oxygen will usually combine with N to form 3 gases, one being No2, Nitrogen Dioxide which is the deadly pollution.
06-02-2008 07:28 PM