Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ozone gas generator
qsiguy Offline

RE: Ozone gas generator
No experments for me lately. My Toyota P/U test vehicle has no A/C and it's way too hot in Arizona right now to drive it much. As soon as we stop hitting 110*F+ I may start driving it again. Let me/us know if you dive into any experimentation with ozone, I'd love to hear about it. Don't hessitate to ask if you have any questions about ozone, I still work with it daily.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
07-19-2010 09:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryanrpm Offline

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't ozone injection cause the O2 sensors to detect more oxygen in the exhaust, and therefore tell the computer to richen up the a/f mixture?

So on the one hand we have ozone causing a more violent burning of the fuel which enhances combustion efficiency(good), and on the other, the O2 sensor causes the computer to dump more fuel.(bad)

Is it accurate to say that if one wants to use ozone, they definitely will need an EFIE?

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
07-23-2010 05:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qsiguy Offline

My results were inconclusive. I tried it both with and without an EFIE. Technically with ozone you aren't adding any more O2 that the sensors will see, you are merely changing the structure of the O2 entering the combustion chamber by changing it to O3. Ozone, or O3, doesn't like heat and after the combustion process it is safe to say that the ozone has been completely destroyed, or returned to what is left of the oxygen in the exhaust.

Also, O3 is not any more combustable nor does it enhance combustion, that I have been able to determine, over and above normal O2. There realy isn't any reason that it would, it does not provide any extra "ingredients" that do not already exist in the air/fuel mixture. Now if you provide 90+% O2 as a feed gas for the ozone generator, such as we do for industrial applications, it would be a completely different story.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
07-26-2010 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryanrpm Offline

I thought that O3 was a radical in and of itself? It is unstable in it current form, and that extra oxygen atom will want to latch onto something....like a fuel molecule that has been cracked because of heat and pressure.

Wikipedia gives an interesting fact concerning Ozone combustion:

Combustion

Ozone can be used for combustion reactions and combusting gases; ozone provides higher temperatures than combusting in dioxygen (O2).

I guess the catch 22 is that it is heat and pressure that cause ozone to revert back to O2. The question is: Are we able to gain any benefits(hotter burning of the fuel = more complete combustion) at the moment of combustion using O3 than we can with O2.

I still have half a mind to try an ozone generator in my vehicle. There are some who have had success with it, are there not?

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2010 06:05 AM by Ryanrpm.)
07-27-2010 06:04 AM
amos33 Offline

I am using Ozone on demand and am injecting it at the PCV valve and am showing a slight improvement in mpg on my 1997 GMC 4.3L V6 with 183,000 miles on it.

I am a Christian
11-02-2010 10:28 AM
Ryanrpm Offline

(11-02-2010 10:28 AM)amos33 Wrote:  I am using Ozone on demand and am injecting it at the PCV valve and am showing a slight improvement in mpg on my 1997 GMC 4.3L V6 with 183,000 miles on it.

Can you show us some pictures of your setup? What were your gains?

11-02-2010 11:08 AM
amos33 Offline

(11-02-2010 11:08 AM)Ryanrpm Wrote:  
(11-02-2010 10:28 AM)amos33 Wrote:  I am using Ozone on demand and am injecting it at the PCV valve and am showing a slight improvement in mpg on my 1997 GMC 4.3L V6 with 183,000 miles on it.

Can you show us some pictures of your setup? What were your gains?

When I turn it on, I get 23-24 mpg on a 34 mile round trip in the hill country. When I turn it off I get 19-20 mpg on the same trip. Cruise control at 60mph. The EPA rates my fuel mpg at 15/20. Been 5 years since I last tuned the engine, perhaps a tuneup would help.

I am a Christian
11-03-2010 08:05 AM
amos33 Offline

@Ryanrpm: when I figure how to upload pictures, I'll do that.

I am a Christian
11-07-2010 10:54 AM
dingo Offline

(11-07-2010 10:54 AM)amos33 Wrote:  @Ryanrpm: when I figure how to upload pictures, I'll do that.

In the meantime, can you briefly explain how your system is set up ?

Thx
11-07-2010 01:25 PM
amos33 Offline

(11-07-2010 01:25 PM)dingo Wrote:  
(11-07-2010 10:54 AM)amos33 Wrote:  @Ryanrpm: when I figure how to upload pictures, I'll do that.

In the meantime, can you briefly explain how your system is set up ?

Thx
yessir, its just a module that produces O3 on demand attached to my PCV line. When I am idling it works. When I am in 'cruise' it works. When I accelerate it don't work. But it seems I am at 4 mpg gain and that's about all I can get. I have pondered this a bit and was thinking that the PCV gives me dirty O2 and what I need is clean O2, so maybe I should move it upstream but it depends on a vacuum and 1997 GMC 4.3Ls are not know for their vacuum. I have a on/off switch in between the module and the ignition fuse (10A). When I turn it on and drive the same route I get 23-24 after 10 miles in cruise. When I turn it off I get 19-20 after 10 miles in cruise. I use NetScanTools OBDLink linked with my laptop running OBDWiz and monitor the O2 sensors, etc. I do not have an efie which may improve my system.

I am getting tired of O3 anyway, you guys are way ahead of me with you HOH. I am now thinking of going down the Hydrogen Hiway and discover what is there. Sure seems like a lot of plumbing is involved along with some electrics, but, we'll see.

I am a Christian
11-07-2010 08:44 PM