Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PIB and effects on DPF's
sonora Offline

PIB and effects on DPF's
Hello. This one is for those diesel fuel users. In other entries where I reported on the effects of this technology (polyisobutylene.....visconusa) on gasoline it would be important to report on some very interesting effects on truck DPF's. For those who have them on their trucks I am sure you know all about the negative issues of having to deal with the regular routines of burn off.
Well, a test was just completed evaluating the PIB effect on DPF particulate buildup. Over time there was a -40%- reduction in particulates and a 6% reduction in fuel. The time for Regeneration was significantly extended. It of course makes sense when considering that CARB reports a 40% reduction in PM.
So, if you readers have issues with your DPF's you might check out the companies web site. I don't think that report is up on the site just yet but I have the report from the company that does the DPF servicing and completed the evaluation.
Just another way to cut your costs and greatly extend the lifetime of your filter.
Sonora
08-16-2012 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply