[img][Image: MAPControlsandEfie.jpg][/img]

2001 Chevy S-10 2.2 5 speed
22-23 before
27-33 after
06-27-2008 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mgmrick Offline

RE: **POST YOUR PICS!!**...I'll Start
Are you having a problems sealing the screw in end caps. I am using 4 inch pvc pipe and I can not get the screw in end caps to seal. I have tried teflon tape and that does not work after they get warm

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2008 11:19 AM by mgmrick.)
06-27-2008 10:25 AM
timcameron Offline

Use plumbers goop.

mgmrick Wrote:Are you having a problems sealing the screw in end caps. I am using 4 inch pvc pipe and I can not get the screw in end caps to seal. I have tried teflon tape and that does not work after they get warm
06-27-2008 01:56 PM
timcameron Offline

What are you using to control o2 sensor?
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2008 07:12 AM by colchiro.)
06-27-2008 01:57 PM
Gomelesose Offline

NIce pictures. Worth a thousand words.

3 generators, huh? Are they all wired in series or parallel? How many amps does you system pull? Those look like some hefty wires, almost like spark plug wires. How much does your array of generators produce? Are you running an EFIE? What is you electrolyzer setup....smack design or something else?

Nice to see you have an increase.
06-27-2008 03:12 PM
HHOe Offline

mgmrick Wrote:Are you having a problems sealing the screw in end caps. I am using 4 inch pvc pipe and I can not get the screw in end caps to seal. I have tried teflon tape and that does not work after they get warm

No, not this time around. Instead of using the caps, I used the clean out type caps and with some pipe tape. So far so good...

22-23 before
27-33 after
06-27-2008 08:04 PM
HHOe Offline

Gomelesose Wrote:NIce pictures. Worth a thousand words.

3 generators, huh? Are they all wired in series or parallel? How many amps does you system pull? Those look like some hefty wires, almost like spark plug wires. How much does your array of generators produce? Are you running an EFIE? What is you electrolyzer setup....smack design or something else?

Nice to see you have an increase.

Generators are wire in parallel. They are not very efficient and I've been putting to much electrolyte and softening the PVC. It would cause my electrodes to touch and ruin the generator. So, I finally figured more at less amp would be good and each would have their own fuse. I use NaOh for electorlyte and my EFIE is mounted to the side of the black box I made.

22-23 before
27-33 after
06-27-2008 08:14 PM
colchiro Offline

Series cells are 6x more efficient than parallel. Hmm

I'd hook them up in series like this...

12 volts --- (+ -) --- (+ -) --- (+ -) --- GND

... and cut down the plates as necessary so you have no more than 1 neutral between + and - plates.

12 volts/3 cells is 4 volts per cell. (+ N -) or better yet (+ N - N +) would work nicely. For a little bit better efficiency, you could go Smack style and double up the neutrals with a metal nut between each pair (see Smack plans for that).

OTOH, if you only have 2 plates now, you could use as-is. It'd be a lot better than what you currently have, but not as efficient as it could be.

You'll need to adjust your electrolyte for the lower voltage, probably stronger.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2008 07:25 AM by colchiro.)
06-28-2008 07:22 AM
HHOe Offline

colchiro Wrote:Series cells are 6x more efficient than parallel. Hmm

I'd hook them up in series like this...

12 volts --- (+ -) --- (+ -) --- (+ -) --- GND

... and cut down the plates as necessary so you have no more than 1 neutral between + and - plates.

12 volts/3 cells is 4 volts per cell. (+ N -) or better yet (+ N - N +) would work nicely. For a little bit better efficiency, you could go Smack style and double up the neutrals with a metal nut between each pair (see Smack plans for that).

OTOH, if you only have 2 plates now, you could use as-is. It'd be a lot better than what you currently have, but not as efficient as it could be.

You'll need to adjust your electrolyte for the lower voltage, probably stronger.

i must have misunderstood. Each generator is parallel so they can be fused independantly of one another.

22-23 before
27-33 after
06-28-2008 07:33 AM
owen1969 Offline

I seen at Home depot today something for the leak problem, The have a drain cleanout for 4" pvc or abs, It same as screwed except it's a steel plate ,. has 3 screws on it and a gasket, Drill hole and thread hole for output, or if you can just drill hole and weld coupling on then thread your connection to it, Im going to try this, It costly here in CANADA thou $15.00 for end to glue to pipe and plate with screws, Should solve the leak problem if you have to use PVC. G-luck

06-29-2008 08:07 PM