Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PWM
glbart Offline

PWM
Would a PWM improve the output from my Smacksbooster. Is it just more diffucult to increase MPG on a 30MPG car?
06-26-2008 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: PWM
A PWM does not increase output. It pulses the voltage signal applied to the booster, and through the use of a variable resistor, allows the user to control how much current is being sent into the booster. V=IxR

glbart Wrote:Would a PWM improve the output from my Smacksbooster. Is it just more diffucult to increase MPG on a 30MPG car?
06-26-2008 11:23 AM
a3holerman Offline

A PWM actually acts like a very fast switch pulsing on and off. It does not as some have said in other threads vary the voltage. Its either on or off, sort of. It does this at either a fixed frequency or in some cases a variable freq. What the "Pot" does is vary the ratio of the on to off times. At full output it is on 100% of the time. At the low end it may be on 10 or less % of the time. Like on for one count off for 10 counts. The thing to keep in mind is that when on its kinda like a closed switch so if your cell is pulling 30A when hot and you adj the pot to give 15A on an ammeter you are actually drawing 30A paused by an off time of 0 amps then back on again to 30 amps at a very fast rate. What this means is that the PWM needs to be rated at 30A even you never allow the ammeter reading to go above 15 amps.

My question is would we increase efficiency by using a stronger electrolite but limit current using a PWM? It has been suggested this is a way to go but I don't really know....If this is true then a PWM may be able to somewhat increase the efficiency of a given cell.

Tom

Cape Cod
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2008 02:32 PM by a3holerman.)
06-26-2008 02:30 PM
tjh566 Offline
HydroCrazy

to my understanding the design of the cell, such as a very efficient true sealed series cell is the only thing that is going to create more efficiency. Its all about the design of the cell. Not by using pwms and changing the electrolyte solution. And more HHO production only comes from raw amperage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, still new to this whole thing myself but from what Ive read I think this is right.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2008 03:03 PM by tjh566.)
06-26-2008 03:01 PM
CitatioN10 Offline

If you are looking for the right PWM for your Hydrogen Generator, then look no farther. This PWM allows you to drop current while increasing production and ELIMINATING water heat. This PWM will allow you to run your HHO Generator without the HEAT.

http://www.pwmpower.com
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2008 08:00 PM by CitatioN10.)
06-26-2008 07:40 PM
qsiguy Offline

CitatioN10, you've posted the same thing several times that I have seen. While the pwmpower PWM is a nice one, it's not the answer and it will not produce more gas at less amps. Using any PWM is creating inefficiency by itself. When you lower the duty cycle to reduce the amp load through the generator there is heat produced in the PWM. That is wasted power that could be used to make hydroxy in an efficient generator. A good cell should only require minimal amperage control, if any.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2008 08:11 PM by qsiguy.)
06-26-2008 08:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
a3holerman Offline

I agree and also responded to your inaccurate statement in another thread.

Tom
Cape Cod
06-27-2008 11:24 AM
CitatioN10 Offline

I agree as I have one in my garage now , and im not happy
06-27-2008 04:14 PM
glbart Offline

Question RE: PWM
Thanks for the great advice. I was told i would get a more explosive gas from my booster with a pwm.
06-27-2008 05:05 PM