Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PWM
JoeF4x4 Offline

PWM
If you are not having an over heating problem is there any reason to use a PWM ?
12-15-2008 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

RE: PWM
As I would understand the concept, it halves the amps whilst maintaining the production. Therefore there is less load on the alternator.
I think it would especially be a boon for cars like our 'Seo with their mighty 70amp alternators!
12-15-2008 05:49 PM
alpha-dog Offline

JoeF4x4 Wrote:If you are not having an over heating problem is there any reason to use a PWM ?

I saw some video's with a guy who got more output with pwm's and still used less amps. Also, you can boost up the amount of electrolite you use. That might be good for winter.
Russ
12-15-2008 07:49 PM
thomasbala Offline

JoeF4x4 Wrote:If you are not having an over heating problem is there any reason to use a PWM ?
PWM's are nice because you can change the amperage. A cell will usually use more amps as it heats up; with a PWM you can dial it down. Also a PWM resonates which usually increases HHO production. If you get a PWM get one that's 60 amps that has a separate potentiometer. With the separate pot you can wire the pot in the glove box or in the dash with an ammeter and adjust on the fly.
12-15-2008 09:48 PM
Gary Offline

Two votes here for more production, many against. I'd like to see this done a bit more scientifically. If your amps come up with the PWM, of course the production will as well, but from what others have posted, amp for amp it did not.
I have no opinion; I'm just relaying what I've read.
I agree you could use it to start cold with good output, and lower the amps as the temps go up for control, but one would have to be diligent with it, and probably not let others (wife?) drive the car!
12-16-2008 06:35 AM
alpha-dog Offline

Gary Wrote:Two votes here for more production, many against. I'd like to see this done a bit more scientifically. If your amps come up with the PWM, of course the production will as well, but from what others have posted, amp for amp it did not.
I have no opinion; I'm just relaying what I've read.
I agree you could use it to start cold with good output, and lower the amps as the temps go up for control, but one would have to be diligent with it, and probably not let others (wife?) drive the car!

There's a video on HHOforum where this guy H2oPWR actually shows more production with a pwm. I think he used two in parallel.
Russ
12-16-2008 05:13 PM