Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PWM Schooling????
palongee1 Offline

PWM Schooling????
Hey, newbie here. Ive recently put together a generator, smack design pretty much and installed it in my truck. I think I understand the basic idea of the pwm...basicly it pulses power to the cell so its not a "constant on" so to speak which helps to keep the heat down...?am I on track here. Ive also read that some pwm's have multiple adjustments...current and Hz. I guess what im trying to figure out is if you power up your unit and set the pwm to say 15A, is that the max current it will draw even once its warmed up? The way I see it is if you control the amps you control the heat as well? As far as the Hz adjustment goes, is that how fast it cycles on and off?...ive been reading all over the net and havent found much that thouroughly explains it..so here I amSmile...id like to find one that will do both if one exists, any input here? thanks for your time...Mike
11-11-2008 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
realtyroy Offline

RE: PWM Schooling????
palongee1 Wrote:Hey, newbie here. Ive recently put together a generator, smack design pretty much and installed it in my truck. I think I understand the basic idea of the pwm...basicly it pulses power to the cell so its not a "constant on" so to speak which helps to keep the heat down...?am I on track here. Ive also read that some pwm's have multiple adjustments...current and Hz. I guess what im trying to figure out is if you power up your unit and set the pwm to say 15A, is that the max current it will draw even once its warmed up? The way I see it is if you control the amps you control the heat as well? As far as the Hz adjustment goes, is that how fast it cycles on and off?...ive been reading all over the net and havent found much that thouroughly explains it..so here I amSmile...id like to find one that will do both if one exists, any input here? thanks for your time...Mike

The PWM is basically a motor speed controller and you can buy them online for about $20
If you would like to do some reading about how they work you might find this link useful.
http://pmgen.com/hhoresearch/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25
Happy reading!

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
11-11-2008 04:59 PM
palongee1 Offline

thanks Troy, ill check it out. Id really like to find a way to limit the current draw thaT doesnt require constant monitoring....thanks again...Mike

realtyroy Wrote:
palongee1 Wrote:Hey, newbie here. Ive recently put together a generator, smack design pretty much and installed it in my truck. I think I understand the basic idea of the pwm...basicly it pulses power to the cell so its not a "constant on" so to speak which helps to keep the heat down...?am I on track here. Ive also read that some pwm's have multiple adjustments...current and Hz. I guess what im trying to figure out is if you power up your unit and set the pwm to say 15A, is that the max current it will draw even once its warmed up? The way I see it is if you control the amps you control the heat as well? As far as the Hz adjustment goes, is that how fast it cycles on and off?...ive been reading all over the net and havent found much that thouroughly explains it..so here I amSmile...id like to find one that will do both if one exists, any input here? thanks for your time...Mike

The PWM is basically a motor speed controller and you can buy them online for about $20
If you would like to do some reading about how they work you might find this link useful.
http://pmgen.com/hhoresearch/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25
Happy reading!
11-11-2008 06:30 PM
palongee1 Offline

that link didnt take me anywhere????
11-11-2008 06:37 PM