Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PWM plans anyone?
Daws Offline

PWM plans anyone?
Hi guys, I would like to build my own PWM suitable for car, ie 13.8 volts. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find plans on the internet? By the way, seen some on ebay but they only say 12 volts, I presume these are unsuitable?

Daws
12-01-2008 12:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stl_hemi Offline

RE: PWM plans anyone?
ZFF has his PWM v2 plans free on his site.
http://www.alt-nrg.org/index.html

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
12-01-2008 04:08 AM
Daws Offline

I have access to a 'dc motor controlller' from some wharehousing trucks, but they are 24-36 volts dc. Is it possible to convert to run at 13.8 volts?

Daws
12-03-2008 02:49 PM
JET USA Offline

May I suggest "ZERO fossel fuel" a published plan presented on you tube since last may 2008.
It looks like a good plan. If you do not want to go through the design and fabrication
frustrations, then there is a good one on ebay presented as a 30 amp pwm with two
fet transistors in the output circuit. They are conservativly rated transistors and do the job well.
Just don't try to build one using the RS parts. The only fet they have is for 4 amps rating! So
check the digikey site for parts.

I recently bought a couple of pwms on ebay to do the job, rather than build it myself.
The board is an IMPORT pwm bearing the name Max Tronic MX066. I have one installed,
and the control is excellent, from zero to full current. It works very well.

http://Jet-USA.com
"Those who say" " It cannot be done"
"should get out of the way of those who are doing it"[/size][/align]
12-04-2008 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CAG Offline

Daws Wrote:Hi guys, I would like to build my own PWM suitable for car, ie 13.8 volts. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find plans on the internet? By the way, seen some on ebay but they only say 12 volts, I presume these are unsuitable?

Daws

Hi Daws,
I would think any pwm listed as "12 volt" would be suitable for your vehicle. The 12 volt referance should be the nominal voltage, used as a label, not the actual operating limit. ( Your vehicles electrical system is described as a 12 volt system even though it really operates at 13.8v - 14.4v)

CAG
IL.

Remember, once you let the smoke out of the wires, you can't ever get it back in !
12-04-2008 06:09 PM