Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parellel or Series? ( NEED HELP)
BroBob1 Offline

Rolleyes Parellel or Series? ( NEED HELP)
Parellel or Series?
Hello to all, I'm new here! Would like to know some detailed information on the the pro's and con's of these different designs from those that know for those that don't know! It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Thanks, Bob
05-16-2008 05:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
syncromon Offline

RE: Parellel or Series? ( NEED HELP)
Hi Bob,

This probably varies with each different HHO arrangement, I cant say what will work best for you, but I will give you the info about my set up, and let you know what I found.
I have 4 cells, wired as 2 pairs of cells in series. so each pair is 6 volts instead of 12V. The "pro" of course is less power being used to produce the gas. I had to add more electrolyte to get the amps where I wanted, not sure if that would count as a "con" since its really no big deal. My cells seem to run cooler and I am able to use less wattage overall than a 12V arrangement. I do see more gas production at 12V, but I wired them in series to reduce the heat, and reduce the drain on the alternator.

Hope that helps, Syncromon
05-16-2008 07:51 AM
jksav7 Offline

My understanding of a parallel cell is where each cell gets 12 volts. Hooked up +-+-+-, and so on. Series is where there are neutrals in between the + and -. For example this arrangement would divide the 12 volts into 2 volts per cell, which is about optimum for gas production and very little heating:
-nnnnn+

However, even if a series cell shares the same bath of electrolyte it will heat up and potentially become a "steaming bohemeth" (copied from Bob Boyce). A true series cell will have each set of 2 volts in its own separate bath of electrolyte. This way there are no parasitic voltage losses, and almost all the voltage applied can be used to produce hydroxy gas and not heat. I believe the optimum voltage for producing gas is somewhere around 1.3 volts, but more practically 2 volts will get the job done nicely. Of course, a vehicle's 12 volt system is actually more like 14 volts, so it is best to have 7 cells drawing approximately 2 volts each.

Hope this helps.

BroBob1 Wrote:Parellel or Series?
Hello to all, I'm new here! Would like to know some detailed information on the the pro's and con's of these different designs from those that know for those that don't know! It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Thanks, Bob
05-16-2008 11:11 AM
BroBob1 Offline

Great feedback! Thanks! Does anyone know of any specific plans for making one that might be available?Hmm
05-16-2008 12:02 PM
BroBob1 Offline

So from reading the water4gas books, they show a six cell arrangement with Mason Jars, and they also show the different ways that they where wired (Parallel and Series).They show that they got there best results with them wired in series! Interesting how these individual cells where able to achieve 61 MPG in a 1999 Toyota Corolla.
Must be something to it! Shocked
05-16-2008 03:10 PM
jksav7 Offline

Patrick Kelly has written all kinds of stuff on hydroxy, etc. One of his main articles is called "A Practical Guide to Free Energy Devices", which is his D9 document. It will explain a lot. http://www.theorionproject.org/en/docume...dBoyce.pdf

I started with the Smack booster. It helped me develop the skills needed in making boosters. I wil now use that skill to make a more efficient true series cell.

Ozzie's 6-cell arrangement is parallel and series. He has each set of 2 cells wired in series. So each cell get 6-7 volts. However, I don't recommend his design as it's pretty anemic as far as gas production is concerned. Ozzie apparantly is getting great gas mileage, so I envy him for that, but I can't recommend his design. I purchased a couple of them when I was first starting out. There's far better stuff out there.

BroBob1 Wrote:So from reading the water4gas books, they show a six cell arrangement with Mason Jars, and they also show the different ways that they where wired (Parallel and Series).They show that they got there best results with them wired in series! Interesting how these individual cells where able to achieve 61 MPG in a 1999 Toyota Corolla.
Must be something to it! Shocked
05-17-2008 02:34 AM
CitatioN10 Offline

So is it better to have it , +nnnn- ?
05-28-2008 09:43 PM
jksav7 Offline

In an open-bath system it would seem best to have 5 neutral plates between the positive and negative. Of course, a sealed series cell is best.

CitatioN10 Wrote:So is it better to have it , +nnnn- ?
05-29-2008 03:18 AM
CitatioN10 Offline

OK so running a 5 cell unit in series, having 3 neutrals would be fine ?
05-29-2008 08:26 AM
CitatioN10 Offline

SO running plates like this would be fine ?

+-nnnnn+-
05-29-2008 08:53 AM