Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Performance chips?
rpatzer Offline

Performance chips?
Anybody have any results/reactions with the performance chips? I am thinking of buying one for my 97 Honda Accord EX.
05-16-2011 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kleen George Offline

RE: Performance chips?
(05-16-2011 06:45 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  Anybody have any results/reactions with the performance chips? I am thinking of buying one for my 97 Honda Accord EX.
I can only speak from my experience
I have fitted the Volo chip on two occasions once to a Caddilac SRX and once to a Ford Transit saw no gains either in performance or mpg
I have now removed them where they are now in a draw with four new ones which I purchased at the same time
I hope my comments might help you to save some money
My advice is if you are thinking of chipping go for a full engine remap through the diagnostic port
05-16-2011 11:08 PM
rpatzer Offline

(05-16-2011 11:08 PM)Kleen George Wrote:  
(05-16-2011 06:45 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  Anybody have any results/reactions with the performance chips? I am thinking of buying one for my 97 Honda Accord EX.
I can only speak from my experience
I have fitted the Volo chip on two occasions once to a Caddilac SRX and once to a Ford Transit saw no gains either in performance or mpg
I have now removed them where they are now in a draw with four new ones which I purchased at the same time
I hope my comments might help you to save some money
My advice is if you are thinking of chipping go for a full engine remap through the diagnostic port

Thanks- I found a website, http://www.driveaccord.net, and a poster, prepreludesh, has done an excellent job of explaining all about sensors, ratios and why the chips don't work.
05-17-2011 05:50 AM
moneysaver Offline

I can't imagine how a chip can help you to save fuel, maybe it monitors and tells you where fuel is being wasted?!
06-10-2011 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply