Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Photos My New Dry Cell
alpha-dog Offline

RE: Photos My New Dry Cell
[quote=DodgeViper]
This is a Sig Young dry cell. It is a work of art. The cell has 36 316L 8"x8" plates. Spacing between plates is 1/16" neoprene rubber. As you can see the cell can be configured in number of ways. Currently it is set up at 7 cell with 4 neutral plates per cell. The cell is tapped top and bottom so the end user can have drains. Typically water enters the bottom and out the top on the other side. The plates are 20 gauge thick. This is without a doubt the finest dry cell being made. It is either laser cut or water-jet cut and the fitment is remarkable square considering bolting 36 plates and 37 gaskets between 2 - 1/2” thick PVC panels. If anyone is interested in Sid cells you may want to check out his website. He also sells the manual for this cell on his site. The PDF manual has all the information needed to duplicate this cell including links. The cell is bolted together using 12 – 3/8 Nylon all thread bolts with Nylon nuts and washers.. The plugs and hose is just temporary so dirt does not get inside.

I just installed my sid cell yesterday. It does look great ( mines only 21 plate but is suppose to produce 4.1Lpm)
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2008 06:40 AM by alpha-dog.)
10-19-2008 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

I didn't have any luck using nylon bolts, but his are 3/8", so I guess it won't leak - maybe.
I see he drilled the plates as I did. Probably a punch press. That's WAY too much work to drill.
10-19-2008 02:39 PM
howiemandel Offline

yeah the nylon bolts scare me. He was using Steel bolts, and used hose to have the bolt wrapped inside the cell.

Its is nice, fo sho.
10-19-2008 03:39 PM
hydrotinkerer Offline

I would like to know if it will "pump" like some dry cells do.
10-19-2008 05:42 PM
cmac0351 Offline

Where did you get yout reservoir/bubbler tanks?

DodgeViper Wrote:
howiemandel Wrote:yeah the nylon bolts scare me. He was using Steel bolts, and used hose to have the bolt wrapped inside the cell.

Its is nice, fo sho.

I am not concern of the nylon bolts. The system is not under any pressure. The system or all HHO system, you make the gas, you burn the gas. To me it is much safer to having a compressed bottle of hydrogen stored on the vehicle. Remember when the first shuttle blow up? That big orange tank is filled with 500,000 gallons of hydrogen. I remenber the images very clearly of that day...
10-20-2008 02:53 AM
mrbillr Offline

DodgeViper Wrote:
cmac0351 Wrote:Where did you get yout reservoir/bubbler tanks?

Well I bought them on Ebay under HHO, but you can buy them here. In fact if you know where you want the barbs placed at they can HOT melt your barbs for you. I bought the tanks with no fittings and did them myself. Also I drilled out the hole for my safety in the cap...

Flambeau

Wow, great site. Before I fire off a quote request, do you mind sharing what a jug from them cost? You could PM me if you would prefer.
Thanks,

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
10-20-2008 05:27 AM
Gary Offline

I've found that Doug succeeded in using ounly four bolts on his cell...but it has O-rings for gaskets. Yours has gaskets, which would require a bit more pressure. Mine now has O-rings, and surprisingly, I had to tighten the steel bolts a lot more than I expected.
This electrolyte (NaOH) has a tendency to leak where water won't. Something to do with the salts I guess.
10-20-2008 04:17 PM
tweeter Offline

RE: The 80 Amp Solenoid
DodgeViper,

Don’t know if this is important or not, but I notice that you refer to your solenoid as a “continuous solenoid”.

According to the White-Rodgers web site, part number 120-106131 is described as an “intermittent solenoid”.

Does the ‘continuous’ versus ‘intermittent’ designation make that much of a difference?

From your description of wanting the solenoid held closed as long as the ignition was ON, there may be a difference between the continuous or intermittent classification for your needs.

I may be out in left field again, but I thought I would point out the apparent discrepancy to you just in case.

Regards,
Dick
-----------------------
1989 Toyota Camry, 4-cyl, (3S-FE)
MagDrive 11a with Single EFIE Deluxe
Largo, Florida
10-21-2008 09:57 AM
cmac0351 Offline

So is that basically have the same function as a relay then?

DodgeViper Wrote:The 80 AMP continuous solenoid arrived today. For those that may not know how a solenoid works you take your power leg from the battery to one of the post on the top of the solenoid, then you take and wire the other post to your HHO generator or PWM then HHO generator. The down low on the solenoid are two smaller 10/24 post, this is your 12VDC control. One of these post wires to the ignition switch while the other post is wired to ground. Once you turn the ignition switch on the solenoid pulls the contacts closed and power will arrive at the HHO generator.
10-21-2008 10:11 AM
mrbillr Offline

cmac0351 Wrote:So is that basically have the same function as a relay then?

DodgeViper Wrote:The 80 AMP continuous solenoid arrived today. For those that may not know how a solenoid works you take your power leg from the battery to one of the post on the top of the solenoid, then you take and wire the other post to your HHO generator or PWM then HHO generator. The down low on the solenoid are two smaller 10/24 post, this is your 12VDC control. One of these post wires to the ignition switch while the other post is wired to ground. Once you turn the ignition switch on the solenoid pulls the contacts closed and power will arrive at the HHO generator.

Yes, a solenoid is a heavy duty relay. In order to run the high amperage (40's - 50's), a small relay will eventually burn out so a solenoid will handle it easy.

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2008 11:21 AM by mrbillr.)
10-21-2008 11:19 AM