Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Plans For A Dry Cell In My Civic
DELUSIONRACER Offline

Plans For A Dry Cell In My Civic
I have looked up and down for plans to build a dry cell for my civic. when i did find some plans either they were incomplete or they didnt list the efficiency of the cell. Can any of the members here help me and others out with some plans for a dry cell? Thanks Guys.
05-26-2009 08:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abe Offline

RE: Plans For A Dry Cell In My Civic
(05-26-2009 08:32 PM)DELUSIONRACER Wrote:  I have looked up and down for plans to build a dry cell for my civic. when i did find some plans either they were incomplete or they didnt list the efficiency of the cell. Can any of the members here help me and others out with some plans for a dry cell? Thanks Guys.

Have you seen Smack new dry cell, I don't work for him, but I think he makes the best cell on the market. He not only makes good cells, but he will show you how step by step and give you a set of plans. How much more could you asked for. His web site is on you tube http://WWW.youtube.com/user/eletrikride I thank that what your looking for.I hope that helps.If I mistyped his web site just Google Smack Booster youl find it.
05-27-2009 04:49 PM
DELUSIONRACER Offline

Thank You for the response. i have looked at his cell and it looks good. but its hard to see the dimensions for his plans. have you tried to build this cell? would you happen to have a detailed parts list for this cell? thank you
05-27-2009 11:16 PM
Zipstor Offline

http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com

That's smack's website address. You will find the plans to build your own Gen IV on PDF.

Okay here it is http://smacksboosters.110mb.com/BB%20Sma...cument.pdf

It's a bit low-fi but it's enough to get your laser cuts done. You will find as well all the spare parts on the site.

I suggest you watch all the videos of his channel on youtube. Enjoy.

>> http://brownsgas.com
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2009 01:44 AM by Zipstor.)
05-28-2009 01:43 AM
DELUSIONRACER Offline

Thank you once again. yeah i saw these these plans. im having trouble reading some of the hole specs for the acrylic plates. i have all the other measurements needed
05-28-2009 10:22 AM
abe Offline

(05-28-2009 10:22 AM)DELUSIONRACER Wrote:  Thank you once again. yeah i saw these these plans. im having trouble reading some of the hole specs for the acrylic plates. i have all the other measurements needed

Their are two changes I would sujest. (1) add a refill reseruoir for refilling.They way he has it you will have manual refill every 100 miles or so.I understand why he does it that way, but in some car you might have to mount it in a spot that not easy to reached to refill.That can be a pain.(2). I changed the end plates to steel plates. It cheeper to get to get.You can get them cut with your cell plates.They dont have to be SS but you could.Steel plates work well as long as you paint them and used a larger cut gesket to Insulate them from your cells.I also use N plates on the out side cells.That works well because you are going to ground your Cell anyway. I went to steel because acrylic, If tightened to tight will crack and sometimes warp.As the cell is used sometimes it will leak,steel makes it easier to tighten,without worring about craking or warpen your cell.I dont want to build the end plates but once.Everyone might not do it this way but it works for me.It chee.per ,easer and more durable.Good luck and I hope it works well for you.
P.S. I do have a copy of the cell if you need the mesurments send me an Email and I send a copy to you I dont thing he will mind.
Abe
05-28-2009 04:54 PM
solarz66 Offline

(05-28-2009 10:22 AM)DELUSIONRACER Wrote:  Thank you once again. yeah i saw these these plans. im having trouble reading some of the hole specs for the acrylic plates. i have all the other measurements needed

You can get all the parts from "The Smack's" GenIV,supplier, precut and drilled plates,gaskets,endplates,nuts&bolts etc, at-- cargopal.com

Better yet, give Larry Gouge a call at 936-254-3451.
I found him to be very helpful when I got additional parts to expand the GenIV, to four cells.

----------------------------------------
You'll never know, unless you try !
05-29-2009 05:01 PM
willits18 Offline

Smack has a you tube video on how to reset your ECM. Has anyone tried that? If it works do you still need an enhancer or an EFIE? I'm going to try it but my guess is that my 89 suburban won't really care as I don't run anything but a generator-no enhancer, no EFIE-I don't even use an O2 extender.
05-31-2009 03:15 PM