Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Plates and heat
Donor Offline

Question Plates and heat
[/size][/b][b][size=medium] Bear with me everybody. It looks like it is better to have more plates than fewer because small plate numbers will give alot of heat which is what u don't want. You want many plates for less heat so hydrogen is more productive ? It seems after searching quite a bit that people with 2 cells are getting more hydrogen for bigger mpg gains.
01-15-2012 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Plates and heat
Basically you want either 4 or 5 neutral plates. Anything less gives too high of a plate to plate voltage, which causes the cell to run hot. I personally think 4 neutrals is too many. With 5 neutrals you can use a fairly strong KOH concentration the will not freeze in winter time conditions, yet still not run too hot.

The amount of HHO needed to get good gains is usually over-estimated. You can probably get away with a single cell. What size engine do you have?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-16-2012 01:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donor Offline

RE: Plates and heat
I have a 4.0 jeep engine. A true tough powerhouse. i have been investigating awhile and seen a few guys with the 4.0 using 2 cells with big mpg numbers. Is this because there is lower heat with 2 and production is better ? I am going to get the number of the Ebay cell I was looking at. Could you please take some time to tell me if it seems like its any good and beneficial ? My next reply will have the ebay #. Thanks alot.
I just sent a PM.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2012 07:29 PM by Donor.)
01-16-2012 06:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply