Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help with hho dry cell for Honda Civic from scratch
streakin22 Offline

Please help with hho dry cell for Honda Civic from scratch
I am totally new to this and i have been researching for 2 weeks and i'm about to pull my hair out with what to do. There is so much negative and few positive. What is the truth. I need it plain and simple and easiest.

Heres my sitiuation.
1992 Honda Civic DX
engine size 1.5 non v-tech
5 spd no power steering with a/c

i commute 50 min one way to work. I avg 32 mpg now which is not bad but the way i read i can get more with the rising gas prices. What improvement can I look to get if i get the right setup meaning system ecm configure etc.

so please list how to build the cell, where to get material (i have seen sum stuff from lowes) how many plates how to wire. what i will need to fool my ecm and what to mix in the water. prettty much make it dummy proof if its possible pics are nice if possible. thanks in advance.
also cheapest is best don't want to spend a ton of money and it be a scam if it works i will be glad to invest in whatever works. i am very open minded.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 08:07 PM by streakin22.)
03-10-2011 08:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
creepyjon Offline

RE: Please help with hho dry cell for Honda Civic from scratch
I would not build a dry cell from scratch if you have never done it before. It's more work than it looks like, and all the holes have to be drilled with a great deal of precision or it will leak. I know a lot people knock ebay cells, but even a cheap ebay cell is better than a cell that leaks. Unless you want to build a wet cell unit, the smack booster has fallen by the way side as of late, but is easy for a beginner to build with common home depot parts.

There is no dummy proof hho, that's why the sheep who believe everything they hear on tv refuse to believe this stuff works. It takes time to set up, test, and tune everything. Car knowledge goes a very far way to making things work right, and having a car in good tune before hand is important as well. If you blow a quart of oil a day hydrogen isn't going to help in other words. The bad thing is there are a lot of scam artist out there telling you they have a magic kit that doubles your mileage and anyone can do it. They are in it for the money and are ruining this real technology for everyone!

Most people use koh for acid in the water, add it until you get the right amount of amp draw that your system can handle. A pwm is highly recommend to control things, but some people are cheap and don't buy them.

Honestly THE quickest way you can increase your mileage that is absolutely without a doubt going to work is to change your transmission. The dx had a higher final gear ratio than the cx/vx transmission. Swapping out the trans will net you about 8 mpg gain give or take. Aerodynamic mods are pretty fool proof too. Import cars go together like lego blocks, and hondas are great for swapping parts on! Don't think that hydrogen is the only answer, it's one of many things you can do. The question is how much are you willing to spend, and how much time do you have to invest?
03-17-2011 12:50 PM
streakin22 Offline

ok. so if i buy one already built with the kit to install. and i was looking at a computer thing that will fool my map sensor it has two dials and you adjust for city, highway, and has a normal mode and enhanced mode. if i get all this then what kind of mpg would i be looking at.

also what is "koh" and "pwm"

and i am very mechanically inclined i have worked in a body shop for 14 years so i can deal with that end. and yes the car is in very good condition. i keep it maintained and tuned. the car takes no oil and runs great. i'm just wondering is it really worth the money to get involved in. and will it mess up my cars engine in the long run.

and can you really get a tax credit and the pay you for the kit and install.

thanks
03-22-2011 05:41 PM
creepyjon Offline

The map sensor things you see on ebay are from the water4gas plans, don't use them. Start with an efie from this site, they are well known as one of the best and priced at about the same as everyone else. Fool the o2 sensor, not the map. Koh is caustic acid used in soap making, it's easy to find and pretty cheap. PWM is a dc motor controller, it regulates the amount of power going to a motor. We use them to regulate how much power goes into a cell to prevent runaway. LOL tax credit, yeah right those are the scum bags ruining this for everyone. They a bunch of greedy bastards, and most of them don't even use hho on their own cars they are only out there selling them. I saw some guy on ebay with a pretty pic of one on a new dodge charger, but never mentioned how he controlled the sensors on the car to make it work. He was only selling some cheap kit with no pwm, and no sensor handlers, that will never work on a car that new the way he makes it sound.

You need to do some reading up on the whole hydrogen thing to get up to speed, and quit going to places trying to scam you out of your money. This is very in depth so take a look at this:

http://www.panaceauniversity.org/Hydroxy%20Boosters.pdf
03-23-2011 08:34 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Wow it's been a long time since I've been in the HHO world, I need to dust myself off!

The technical term for KOH is potassium hydroxide, aka. "drain cleaner" and AWS available at a wide variety of stores for about $5 a quart until pure KOH (which you MUST use) was banned for "being an element involved with methenfadamines." Maybe that was just a local thing, but I'm happy I bought mine before it all mysteriously disappeared. Either way, it's obtainable on the net for cheap.

Personal Note: I was big into the HHO scene a few years ago and then stopped once gas prices dropped and my free time became short. Like above, this IS a project and not just some "set it and forget it" thing, trust me I've been put many hours and days into my Solara. The thing to remember is DON'T GIVE UP!! Once you stop (like I did) you can forget very quickly all the ground you have made and since your car is older, the system sounds ideal as you should still be on OBD1.

Personal gains? My Solara started out with HHO very well with highway mileage up to 70mpg under the same conditions as before (~30mpg) but then the system learned it was running too well or something and just tanked back to about 32mpg if I remember right. So my car was too new and I tried many things to trick it with no long-term luck. That's partially why I stopped too, there just didn't seem to be any solution for my ride (new header, exhaust, etc. too so the ECM was confused enough before HHO I'm guessing). Now that I'm married, I have an older Hyundai I can play with that I bet will take to HHO like a kid in a candy store compared to the crazy troubles my Solara was having with it.

Bottom line: Personally, I think car manufacturers make cars to run a certain way on gas and that's it. I tried ethanol (E85), HHO, and a few other methods with no luck. Why? Because my car's computer just refused to run that well! Sure, gasoline burn by itself is inefficient compared to HHO assist, but shouldn't the car embrace a new change without us having to jump through fire hoops to have it accept the assistance? That's the main inhibitor on HHO these days IMHO, is overcoming the ECM (which makes carb'd cars and OBD1 cars more ideal for adeptation if I recall).

Disclaimer: Remember, it's been a few years so HHO development has probably changed and I'm researching into it again too. Also, my mind isn't as fresh as some of these guys posting so don't feel discouraged! If you work hard at it, you will see gains for some time at least, if not permanent (like my few months at 70mgp, I liked that a lot!).

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
04-13-2011 07:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply