Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Positive Results
Author Message
wswilley Offline
Member
***

Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #1
Positive Results
I just finished getting everything hooked up on my system.

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS
SuperHydro 2
Single EFIE Delux

Normally got 30 MPG highway (129000) miles and no recent tuneup.

First test on interstate, 107 miles refill 2.252 gals which comes out to 47.51
MPG.

Not bad for the first try.Laugh
07-18-2008 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cantburn Offline
All Fired Up
***

Posts: 66
Joined: Jun 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #2
RE: Positive Results
Congratulations Willey, I also run the Hydro Super 2.

23.66 mpg on a 1995 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 Sport.
What are the specifications you are running...it helps others on the board if they know what your setup is. Amps at warm up, electrolyte, what type of water, voltage at the leads etc. Do you have the single or the double and did you do a production test on your unit to find out what amount of gas you are producing. Did you just install the EFIE or did you also add O2 extenders.

I'm thinking of running my Double Super 2 in a series configuration to get the amps down and production up. Stay tuned, now it starts to get fun.

"Life is but a tire swing"
07-18-2008 01:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wswilley Offline
Member
***

Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #3
RE: Positive Results
cantburn Wrote:Congratulations Willey, I also run the Hydro Super 2.

23.66 mpg on a 1995 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 Sport.
What are the specifications you are running...it helps others on the board if they know what your setup is. Amps at warm up, electrolyte, what type of water, voltage at the leads etc. Do you have the single or the double and did you do a production test on your unit to find out what amount of gas you are producing. Did you just install the EFIE or did you also add O2 extenders.

I'm thinking of running my Double Super 2 in a series configuration to get the amps down and production up. Stay tuned, now it starts to get fun.

I am running with steam distilled water (from Walgreens) with 1/4 tsp of
Sodium Hydroxide. The unit pulls 15 Amps but doesn't put out much gas.
At last test on the bench before installing it was putting out .250 lpm.
With the car running voltage is measured at 13.8.

I have the Single EFIE Delux at .200 V offset. I tried turning it up and
it would throw a CEL at around 240.

I am going to tune the car up with at least new plugs & wires then check
the mpg again.

Right now I am really pleased with the results.
07-18-2008 02:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wswilley Offline
Member
***

Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #4
RE: Positive Results
cantburn Wrote:Congratulations Willey, I also run the Hydro Super 2.

23.66 mpg on a 1995 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 Sport.
What are the specifications you are running...it helps others on the board if they know what your setup is. Amps at warm up, electrolyte, what type of water, voltage at the leads etc. Do you have the single or the double and did you do a production test on your unit to find out what amount of gas you are producing. Did you just install the EFIE or did you also add O2 extenders.

I'm thinking of running my Double Super 2 in a series configuration to get the amps down and production up. Stay tuned, now it starts to get fun.

Thanks cantburn, I am really pleased with the first effort.

I started testing the unit at 10 amps on a solution of steam distilled
water (from Walgreens) and Sodium Hydroxide. During conditioning I played with the mixture up to 28 amps and ran the unit on the bench for
four days, off and on, with the longest run time being 6 hours duration.
I cleaned the unit, mixed up a new solution, 1/4 tsp NaOH to 1 gallon
of steam distilled water and installed it in the Hyundai.
The unit stabilized at 19 amps and the temperature was 115 Deg F throughout the case with the exception of one hot spot at 148 Deg F.
Gas production was low at approx .250 lpm. Looks like that was adequate
for the Hyundai.
I applied 13.8 volts to the unit (Single HydroSuper 2). It took a while to figure out the sensor voltage as I was thinking it was a wideband sensor,
(long story) and was going to install O2 sensor extenders when another
solution to my confusion occurred. I have the Single EFIE Deluxe installed and set at 210 mv. I tried to turn it up to 250 and it threw a
CEL so I backed it off to the setting I had while running the 107 mile test.

Now I am going to put new wires and plugs as it hasn't been done in a
very long time.
07-18-2008 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ocpd426 Offline
Member
***

Posts: 16
Joined: Jul 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #5
RE: Positive Results
Wow you are one of about 5% that it works for. Im still trying like the other 95% of the post seam to be
07-18-2008 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wswilley Offline
Member
***

Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #6
RE: Positive Results
ocpd426 Wrote:Wow you are one of about 5% that it works for. Im still trying like the other 95% of the post seam to be

I don't really know what caused the increase as my unit only makes about 250 mlpm and the offset on the EFIE is somewhat low. Maybe for this car that was the correct combination.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2008 04:46 PM by wswilley.)
07-18-2008 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sportcoupe Offline
Member
***

Posts: 6
Joined: Jun 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #7
RE: Positive Results
ocpd426 Wrote:Wow you are one of about 5% that it works for. Im still trying like the other 95% of the post seam to be


Maybe it's because the 5% that post huge gains are not measuring a complete tank of gas and are only driving one day and filling up again to see gains after only 2 gallons of "estimated" fuel use. Tongue
07-18-2008 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wswilley Offline
Member
***

Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #8
RE: Positive Results
sportcoupe Wrote:
ocpd426 Wrote:Wow you are one of about 5% that it works for. Im still trying like the other 95% of the post seam to be


Maybe it's because the 5% that post huge gains are not measuring a complete tank of gas and are only driving one day and filling up again to see gains after only 2 gallons of "estimated" fuel use. Tongue

I didn't have the time or inclination to drive 712.5 miles in order to empty the tank. (15 gal tank X 47.5 mpg) just to satisfy some doubting thomas as to the results. After all I am only trying to cut my gas costs not everyone on the internet.
07-18-2008 06:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sportcoupe Offline
Member
***

Posts: 6
Joined: Jun 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #9
RE: Positive Results
wswilley Wrote:
sportcoupe Wrote:
ocpd426 Wrote:Wow you are one of about 5% that it works for. Im still trying like the other 95% of the post seam to be


Maybe it's because the 5% that post huge gains are not measuring a complete tank of gas and are only driving one day and filling up again to see gains after only 2 gallons of "estimated" fuel use. Tongue

I didn't have the time or inclination to drive 712.5 miles in order to empty the tank. (15 gal tank X 47.5 mpg) just to satisfy some doubting thomas as to the results. After all I am only trying to cut my gas costs not everyone on the internet.

It's easy, just fill up and drive till your fuel light comes on. If it takes 3 weeks then so be it, we'll wait.........

You posted a 57% gain (30mpg to 47mpg). That's huge and you can will the $1 million dollar challenge since the challenge only requires a 25% gain for 6 months.

http://aardvark.co.nz/hho_challenge.shtml

If you win I get 1% of the prize money for leading you to the challenge. Big Grin
07-19-2008 06:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HHOe Offline
Member
***

Posts: 70
Joined: Jun 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #10
RE: Positive Results
sportcoupe Wrote:
ocpd426 Wrote:Wow you are one of about 5% that it works for. Im still trying like the other 95% of the post seam to be


Maybe it's because the 5% that post huge gains are not measuring a complete tank of gas and are only driving one day and filling up again to see gains after only 2 gallons of "estimated" fuel use. Tongue

I agree 100%

2001 Chevy S-10 2.2 5 speed
22-23 before
27-33 after
07-19-2008 06:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)