Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possibility of storing hydrogen
midnight1957 Offline

Possibility of storing hydrogen
I know that in order to store a large amount of hydrogen it has to be pumped into a high pressure tank.
Since the hydrogen on demand cells are turned off until you start the engine, why couldn't you have some type of bladder and leave the cell on like all night and have a small amount of extra hydrogen stored so you could use it at will.
If you had a cell making say 1.0 liter per minute how large of a bladder would you need and what would be the amount and pressure in the bladder?

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade
07-16-2008 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
midnight1957 Offline

RE: Possibility of storing hydrogen
Come on guys, surely someone has thought about this before>

Wade
07-17-2008 10:59 AM
Walt Offline

midnight1957 Wrote:Come on guys, surely someone has thought about this before>

Wade

I have thought about it but not done the math or research. I was thinking an upside down cylinder that the gas could freely flow into. Since hydrogen is lite it would migrate to the top and displace other gases. I do not know how much density of gas would build at the top of the cylinder before it escaped but it would seem that it may be great. Even as we produce HHO a very large amount of what we consider a liter is empty space. I belive the empty space is only there because it is absent of something to fill it. The density could theoreticaly be enhanced by heating the cylinder with waste heat. I belive this addition of energy would speed the H2 molecules and disallow them from drifting out the bottom. On the other hand since gases act randomly it may have the reverse effect and give them the energy to escape intermitently. Perhaps a line to feed the tank (line in) and a line fron the top of the tank (from the inside) to the cell or bubbler with a check valve. With this tank model one would probably need a vaccuum conection rather than just an intake air. If one used a very small line from the top of the tank and fed it back into the cell as "replacement air" via vaccuum draw you may be able to enhance net HHO in. A small 12 v solar charger could provide electrolosis while the vehicle is off.

Yes, I have thought about it but not enough time to play and experiment...I have to work too much just to fill the tank on the darn car...a visious circle.
07-17-2008 11:45 AM
syncromon Offline

Stored hydrogen seems to defeat the whole purpose of the HHO concept, of producing hydrogen on demand. If for some reason you need a small amount of hydrogen to use the next morning (or whenever) why not just turn on your cell for a few minutes before you start your motor?

midnight1957 Wrote:I know that in order to store a large amount of hydrogen it has to be pumped into a high pressure tank.
Since the hydrogen on demand cells are turned off until you start the engine, why couldn't you have some type of bladder and leave the cell on like all night and have a small amount of extra hydrogen stored so you could use it at will.
If you had a cell making say 1.0 liter per minute how large of a bladder would you need and what would be the amount and pressure in the bladder?

Wade
07-17-2008 01:24 PM
midnight1957 Offline

My thought behind it was to make extra hydrogen overnight, store it and add it to the hydrogen that you are making while driving. It would mean you were using a lot more during driving than the cell is making.

Any other ideas?

Wade
07-17-2008 05:32 PM