Special note: We are now doing tech support by email rather than on the forum. We have had trouble keeping up with the forum traffic as there is so much of it. This allows tech support issues to be lost in the shuffle, and this is unacceptable. If you have a tech support issue, please now send it to email@example.com.
It goes without saying, that in order to answer a question or help solve a problem, that a clear description of the problem must be given. However, often other information is also needed, such as:
- Year/make/model of your car, and engine size/type
- How many oxygen sensors are on your car?
- Are they upstream or downstream from your catalytic converter?
- Is your vehicle fuel injected or carbureted?
- How many wires are there on the oxygen sensor wiring harness.
- What wiring diagram did you use to find the oxygen sensor wires? Or did you attach to the wires right by the sensor?
- What fuel saving device are you using in conjunction with the EFIE?
Also note, that the vast majority of problems with an EFIE installation are because it's wired incorrectly. The EFIE device is quite simple, and it either works or it doesn't. It can't sort-of work, or work a little bit. Since I carefully check each one before shipping it, it's unlikely that it went bad in transit. However, it's not impossible that a part can go bad, or a bad solder joint gets knocked loose, it's just unlikely. Even if you wired the battery voltage up to it incorrectly, it wouldn't hurt the device. It just wouldn't work. It is quite robust and would not be harmed by any possible incorrect application of 12 volts. The point is though, make sure you've carefully followed and rechecked the instructions here
But the most important thing is that your question or problem get resolved. No matter what else, if you don't have your answer, send us an email. If it's covered in the instructions, but you didn't understand it, then I need to make the instructions more clear. So don't hesitate to ask. I can improve my general guides by finding out what people don't understand.
To post your question, write to support
. I get notified when someone posts, and will reply as quickly as possible.