Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Posting columns of data.
gtkco Offline

Posting columns of data.
Does anyone know how to easily post columns of data on the forum? I have found a sort of less than excrusiating way, but it has to be easy than the way I am doing it.
11-20-2008 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Posting columns of data.
I've used the quote button before, but it's difficult. You still need to manually space it.

You could use a monospaced font, like Courier, but you still will have trouble if you're trying to post a html table or copy/paste from a spreadsheet. A screen shot seems to be the easiest that I can think of.

As you can see, they all look like crap.Tongue

Code:
MODEL YEAR O.E. WHEEL SIZE LUG PATTERN STUD SIZE HUB/CENTER BORE OFFSET
SANTA FE 01-UP 16x6.5 5x114.3 12x1.5 67.1 H
RAV4 96-UP 16x7 5x114.3 12x1.5 67.1 H

Quote:MODEL YEAR O.E. WHEEL SIZE LUG PATTERN STUD SIZE HUB/CENTER BORE OFFSET

Courier font:
MODEL YEAR O.E. WHEEL SIZE LUG PATTERN STUD SIZE HUB/CENTER BORE OFFSET

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-20-2008 04:16 PM
gtkco Offline

I was afraid of that. As you can see, I am doing all of my test as maticulas as I can which also makes it more useful for the group. Putting it into a SS helps for organized data collection and discipline (a spell checker would be nice too!) Oh well, I'll keep playing with the SS and tabs and alinements for cut and paste. Maybe I'll make a template SS that will prefit a paste. I just didn't want be missing some obvious way of doing it. Thanks for the reply.
11-20-2008 04:27 PM
colchiro Offline

The Firefox browser has built in spell checking, plus you can customize it to do whatever you want.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-20-2008 04:45 PM
gtkco Offline

Well it looks like doing a sreen shot of the SS, cropping it, saving it with irfanview, attaching it, previewing it, copying the url from properties, and then inserting as an image is the LEAST bulky way of doing it. Oh well, at least it can be done. Of course, I am not so sure people are so interested in my freeze data so maybe it is all a moot point anyhow. Thanks for the reply.

9 degrees? Where are you that it is so cold already. We are getting lake effect, got 6 inches today!
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2008 08:03 PM by gtkco.)
11-20-2008 08:02 PM
colchiro Offline

Actually it's 7 now and going to get to 3 F. tonight.

I'm in Fargo, ND . . . . . . . . . . . . . [Image: finger_anim.gif]

Rick

11-20-2008 08:25 PM
gtkco Offline

colchiro Wrote:Actually it's 7 now and going to get to 3 F. tonight.

I'm in Fargo, ND . . . . . . . . . . . . . [Image: finger_anim.gif]

Boy you really have cold issues to deal with! I don't know if you have read my first winter solutions test. I am now looking at rubbing alcohol. BTW, do you think that post is too much data for the forum? If so, it is a lot easier for me to just post SLX sucks don't use it with a brief summary.
11-21-2008 08:24 AM
colchiro Offline

Actually had a mild winter and summer and until now, fall. Still no snow, too dry.

I guess, if you post a summary and then your data, the lazy ones can read the summary and the interested ones have the data.... win-win.

Rick

11-21-2008 07:10 PM
gtkco Offline

Well, we may not be as cold as your neck of the woods, but I now have 18" of snow on my back deck! Shocked Lake effect is a bear. Even for Cleveland this is a bit early. Nothing like thanksgiving in January.

Yes, maybe that is what I'll do. Quick summary up front followed by the details. I setn a PM to finallyme and hope he gets back to me about freezing transition behavior. If what I surmise in this first test is true, we could get some indirect data allowing us to ball park evaporation rates of alcohol and how this changes the freeze point.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2008 09:33 PM by gtkco.)
11-21-2008 09:32 PM
colchiro Offline

Sounds like we might get to Christmas without much snow due to the dry air. Any snow we've had so far, disappeared due to sublimation.

Judging by the decline in posts here lately, I think a lot of people are waiting for spring before resuming this stuff.

Rick

11-21-2008 10:50 PM