Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Potassium hydroxide
John Sargent Offline

Potassium hydroxide
Howdy guys,
I recently that Potassium hydroxide is an excellent electrolyte, and specifically that it does not turn into gas and get taken into the engine, but remains in the water, so that it is not corrosive.
Two questions:
1. Can anyone verify this claim?
2. Anyone know how much to use per gallon of distilled water?
Thanks,
John
05-25-2009 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
martinruf Offline

RE: Potassium hydroxide
Hello John

I'm not sure to question 1. I use my car daily and drive about 400 minutes / 470 km. My system is: fresh air bubbler -> wet cell -> HHO-bubbler -> vaacum.
Each saterday I measure my needed ampere and fill up water and measure ampere again.

The water in the HHO-Bubbler is after the week allways as yellow as in the cell. Maybe it is an error of my installation. I add the wetted air from the buttom in the wett-cell.

I loose about 60% of my amp in a week. So I think I'm loosing also KOH. But I can't measure the concentration KOH in my wet-cell. Thus, it remains suspect.

But I have now 3 measure maked to follow the suspect.

2) I add 80 Flakes of KOH in 1 liter unused water. (1 us gallon is 3.79 liter)

My good results in my daily transfers to work are 5.7-6 liter/100km instead of 8.2. For me thats 25-30% less of consumption. (28 up to 42 MPG).

Greetings from Switzerland
Martin

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
05-25-2009 09:04 PM
John Sargent Offline

RE: Potassium hydroxide
(05-25-2009 09:04 PM)martinruf Wrote:  Hello John

I'm not sure to question 1. I use my car daily and drive about 400 minutes / 470 km. My system is: fresh air bubbler -> wet cell -> HHO-bubbler -> vaacum.
Each saterday I measure my needed ampere and fill up water and measure ampere again.

The water in the HHO-Bubbler is after the week allways as yellow as in the cell. Maybe it is an error of my installation. I add the wetted air from the buttom in the wett-cell.

I loose about 60% of my amp in a week. So I think I'm loosing also KOH. But I can't measure the concentration KOH in my wet-cell. Thus, it remains suspect.

But I have now 3 measure maked to follow the suspect.

2) I add 80 Flakes of KOH in 1 liter unused water. (1 us gallon is 3.79 liter)

My good results in my daily transfers to work are 5.7-6 liter/100km instead of 8.2. For me thats 25-30% less of consumption. (28 up to 42 MPG).

Greetings from Switzerland
Martin

Thanks, Martin! Love your country also, been there...lived in Ukraine 8 years.
05-26-2009 02:34 AM