Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Powering Down
koya1893 Offline

Powering Down
I've recently traded my F-150 for 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 turbo diesel. I've got a tuner which eliminated the O2, with my HOD installed I am getting 17.7 mpg city and 23 mpg on highway. the tuner allowed me to schedule more fuel since it is meant for off road and more hp. It also allows me to have "Zero" added fuel, at that setting with the HOD is where I get those mileage. Now I am trying to find another means to schedule less fuel. Is there any newer model Dodge diesel expert out there or know how to schedule less diesel via sensors on the truck,
02-10-2012 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Powering Down
You should be able to tweak that down a bit using a MAP/MAF Enhancer. I haven't looked up that truck, so I don't know if it has both devices or not. But I wouldn't try to do both. I usually do the MAF if there is one, and if not the MAP.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-10-2012 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
koya1893 Offline

(02-10-2012 10:56 AM)mike Wrote:  You should be able to tweak that down a bit using a MAP/MAF Enhancer. I haven't looked up that truck, so I don't know if it has both devices or not. But I wouldn't try to do both. I usually do the MAF if there is one, and if not the MAP.

Mike,
I think it has two, one on the aribox and one on the intake elbow at the intak manifold. do you have any idea what type they are? I am trying to break the 20's in the city and willuse water injection to eliminate the pre-ignition and lower EGT.
Ben
02-10-2012 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

If you're going to use water injection, you can get more aggressive with the MAP/MAF Enhancer.

I don't know which kind you have, but most of them are just simple voltage types that can be adjusted with a home build MAP Enhancer. Have a look at this article: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/simple-map-maf-enhancer .

You should locate the signal wire, and test it. You'll soon see if its voltage or frequency type. But I'm pretty sure Dodge always uses voltage type MAPs and MAFs.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-10-2012 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply