Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Predator Programmer
Blackhawks1 Offline

Predator Programmer
Hello.My question is can I use the Diablo Predator programmer to optimise the HHO system on my truck?If so,what would be a good starting point?My truck is an'11 GMC sierra with the 4.8L engine.Thanks in advance
06-16-2013 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonnkopp Offline

RE: Predator Programmer
Hi blackhawks,

Do you already have an hho system running on your truck? I also have a 4.8l silverado although it's a 2001. I am running hho about 2 lpm. I am getting about 17.5 mpg, up from 13 mpg.

Jonn
06-17-2013 06:31 PM
Blackhawks1 Offline

(06-17-2013 06:31 PM)Jonnkopp Wrote:  Hi blackhawks,

Do you already have an hho system running on your truck? I also have a 4.8l silverado although it's a 2001. I am running hho about 2 lpm. I am getting about 17.5 mpg, up from 13 mpg.

Jonn

Hi,Jonn.Yeah I'm running Volo Chip.I haven't logged 100mi. on the chip reset yet,which is what it needs to complete calibration.Once that's done I was going to use the Predator to adjust the fuel injector slope up slightly.Hopefully this will get a little better mileage than just the chip alone.I have a fuel injection enhancement module.Just haven't had time to install it yet.I'm getting about 17mpg running about 12amps on a Global Energy Devices Solo generator.I have no idea how to measure the lpm,but it should be around 1.5.I'll keep you updated on my progress.
06-17-2013 07:58 PM
Jonnkopp Offline

(06-17-2013 07:58 PM)Blackhawks1 Wrote:  
(06-17-2013 06:31 PM)Jonnkopp Wrote:  Hi blackhawks,

Jonn

Hi,Jonn.Yeah I'm running Volo Chip.I haven't logged 100mi. on the chip reset yet,which is what it needs to complete calibration.Once that's done I was going to use the Predator to adjust the fuel injector slope up slightly.Hopefully this will get a little better mileage than just the chip alone.I have a fuel injection enhancement module.Just haven't had time to install it yet.I'm getting about 17mpg running about 12amps on a Global Energy Devices Solo generator.I have no idea how to measure the lpm,but it should be around 1.5.I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Very interesting, I would love to hear the results! I haven't added anything but the hho system which I built myself. My CE light is on, but I am still getting good results. I have read a lot about the Volo chip and see a lot of varying results Hope you get some success with it!

Measuring the lpm is easy... Just put a liter bottle in a bucket of water, let it fill up, the stick the tube from the generator into it and time how long it takes to fill the bottle with hho. (the added fun is touching it off after like a bottle rocket lol)

Interestingly, when I shut my generator down I got the same mpg for the first two tanks, then it stats dropping down with each fill up until I turn the hho back on. I believe this is due to the long term fuel trims the ecu is referencing since my CE light is on.
06-18-2013 02:22 PM