Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pressurized HHO
Roland Jacques Offline

Pressurized HHO
I keep reading lately that HHO can spontaneous ignite at 15 psi.

I have pressurized HHO over 50 psi. Just to test a cell. I know a few folks who have had HHO higher than that. i have never heard of any spontaneous combustion just from pressure.

Does anybody have any info that supports that HHO can spontaneously ignite over 15 psi?

For the record HHO does require caution it is explosive.
09-26-2010 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yellowsnow Offline

RE: Pressurized HHO
i think that was someone just assuming they didnt get flash back in their bubbler. people are making high output high pressure cells that do great and are good for ease of storing the gas in tanks at high pressure . now if you had a couple thousand psi that may be close to the pressure needed for ignition.
10-04-2010 09:01 PM
Roland Jacques Offline

(10-04-2010 09:01 PM)yellowsnow Wrote:  i think that was someone just assuming they didnt get flash back in their bubbler. people are making high output high pressure cells that do great and are good for ease of storing the gas in tanks at high pressure . now if you had a couple thousand psi that may be close to the pressure needed for ignition.

The sources they say it can spontaneously combust over 15 PSI are many.

Ive heard that ionized HHO makes it safer at higher (above 15 PSI)

The problem is if it 1 in 100 that combust at 20 PSI we may never find out about that. since very few store HHO. I know that someone blow up in California few hurt and at least one dead. but i don't no the details as to why the compressed HHO combusted.

Id really like to no more about storing HHO. Since pressurized HHO is so dangerous it would be nice to find out the facts.
10-18-2010 05:41 AM
Zipstor Offline

I am finally reading Brownsgas book two and George W. is apparently pressurizing at 70psi without any problem

>> http://brownsgas.com
11-03-2010 01:26 AM
mariusmol Offline

I meet an engineer in Romania who worked at one of Rokura project ( a company that work with Aguygen gas from Hytecappsc.com ) in Romania.
They used HHO to test fuel savings on a rail way locomotive diesel engine ..gas was pressurized at 40 ATM.
No incidents.
I can adjust my cell to run up to 6 ATM....no incident ...at least until now...
11-29-2010 09:25 PM