Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem With EFIE Pots
HHOe Offline

Toungue Problem With EFIE Pots
Has anyone on else had a problem with the pots on their efie???
I sure as hell did. If you have the problem of the pot pushing all the way back, you can open it up and put it back together and secure it with a small tie wrap..

I just want to see if this is a common problem.

2001 Chevy S-10 2.2 5 speed
22-23 before
27-33 after
06-25-2008 06:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randolphoralph Offline

RE: Problem With EFIE Pots
HHOe Wrote:Has anyone on else had a problem with the pots on their efie???
I sure as hell did. If you have the problem of the pot pushing all the way back, you can open it up and put it back together and secure it with a small tie wrap..

I just want to see if this is a common problem.

I was having the same issue with the pots. I opened up the EFIE and put a drop of hot glue to connect the pot and the plastic pot holder. This worked well for me. So far the pot is not pushing back anymore.
06-25-2008 07:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Problem With EFIE Pots
randolphoralph Wrote:I was having the same issue with the pots. I opened up the EFIE and put a drop of hot glue to connect the pot and the plastic pot holder. This worked well for me. So far the pot is not pushing back anymore.

I may do that to all of them from now on. I was just worried that if someone pushed too hard they would push the pot out anyway, and then the glue would make it hard to put back in.

As a note, the manufacturer "upgraded" the pots that go into these panel mount adapters. When they did, the size of them changed infinitesimally. Since that upgrade they will pop out easier. I'm in touch with the tech support of the manufacturer to see if a solution can be worked out. In the meantime, I'm leaving them as-is. Most of the time they don't present a problem. I'm sorry for those that were the exception.

I have posted a sticky with the diagram for how these units go together at http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=612. But, I believe you guys are already well acquainted with the inside of these devices.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-26-2008 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply