Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pulse Width Modulators (frequencys used and "cell tuning"
wizeguy Offline

Pulse Width Modulators (frequencys used and "cell tuning"
Hello to all,

I have questions regarding PWM's and the frequency they operate at. Some for sale operate at 100Hz and others at 400Hz. Which is best for gas production? I have also heard that each cell has a "sweet spot frequency" that it produces the max. amt. of gas at any given amperage. I have seen a device that manipulates the frequency of the charge going to the cell. You could adjust it up & down to find your best production for any given cell at various amperages.

My theory is this. Use a PWM with a VARIABLE freq. to find your cells "sweetspot". I don't know that I've seen one..........but I'll buy one if somebody will make it. This would equal max output for your cell given its physical construction THEN max. production of gas more by using the principles of the PWM. Sound good?

Living in a cold climate I would need a "stiff mix" of alcohol and a lot of electrolyte to minimize freezing. This mix won't produce gas as well so I would need to "zap" it harder to get production....this is where the PWM comes in. This mix would produce lots of heat that the PWM could manage for me once things were up to temp and running. Without a PWM you would melt down. In the warmer months I could run a weaker mix and "retune" my PWM to match it.

If a "variable PWM" can't be found then which frequency is best? 100or 400Hz? Thanks in advance to all who help answer these questions. Greg
07-20-2008 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skiers4ever Offline

RE: Pulse Width Modulators (frequencys used and "cell tuning"
Hi wizeguy,

I just received one from fleabay today...do a search there on "Adjustable Frequency PWM HHO". It's a Buy-It-Now for $59.99.

I'll let you know how it works. I'm going to do the same thing for my mix during the winter. Should receive my KOH by the end of the week so I can start throwing some mixes in the freezer for testing.

John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
07-21-2008 01:44 PM
mark2020 Offline

pwmpower.com can custom build one for you. I was wondering the same thing maybe different cell designs require different frequency. and maybe some people just get lucky on their setup when the get results on the first tank.
07-21-2008 03:05 PM
wizeguy Offline

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. We have to get a viable HHO system for cold weather even if it means 2 different mixes. I figured that in the winter I would run straight off of the generator with check valves/spark arrestors. In the summer I can run the generator fully submerged with a bubbler/resevior to decrease the "fill-ups".

Greg
07-21-2008 06:06 PM
colchiro Offline

... or you could build a constant current one using ZFF's plans: http://zerofossilfuel.googlepages.com/pwm.html

There's a thread here where you can buy the parts for it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2008 06:49 PM by colchiro.)
07-21-2008 06:48 PM