Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pulstar sparkplugs
visionary Offline

Pulstar sparkplugs
I have a '89 Lincoln Towncar with 5.0 liter V-8 with 42,000 miles. I purchased/installed 8 Pulstar sparkplugs (http://www.pulstarplugs.com). My base city MPG was 12.65 with A/C on. After 4 tanks of regular unleaded with 10% ethanol, the city MPG average is now 15.97 with A/C on. A 26.24% increase in MPG with no other modifications. This may not seem like much to the 4 cyclinder crowd, but I am happy as this is a big 4100Lb car. The plugs are rated for 50,000 miles and cost $99 for 4 or $199 for 8. I have no connection with Pulstar, other than being a happy customer. I am now going to try adding Acetone,Zylene to the gas for a few tanks and then add the Fuel Medz tablets. I will report on these results in the future. I wish I had the skills for HHO or had local mechanics whom did not consider it a "lawsuit waiting to happen" if they install HHO systems.
09-24-2008 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ahsem1972 Offline

RE: Pulstar sparkplugs
Please let me know how your fuel medz results are people don't believe me when I tell them the results I've seen.
http://www.mpgimprovements.com
09-29-2008 04:37 AM
dr_dx Offline

Here is a dyno test on some top of the line spark plugs including the Pulstar.

http://www.sparkplugs.com/sparkplug411.a...lts&mfid=0

It shows the Pulstar with the highest HP and torque but if you look at the charts you realize that is only at max HP and torque (>4,000 RPM). Since we aren't driving at those RPM's (we are trying to save fuel), the charts show that, at the RPM's that we will be using, the NGK iridiums perform better and more consistantly. When looking at the charts, remember that the Pulstar dyno chart is different than the rest and the measurement points are different.
10-05-2008 05:34 PM
visionary Offline

I previously tried NGK Iridiums in my '89 Lincoln Towncar at my mechanic's recommendation. The "pep" seemed about equal to the newly installed Pulstar plugs, but my city MPG increased by 4.31% vs 26.24% for the Pulstar sparkplugs under identical driving to work & home again with the A/C on. I am not saying the NKG's are not good, only they did not work as well in my 5.0 liter V-8 for me. I gave my NKG's to a friend whom installed them in his '90 Ford E-150 van. I do not know if they had any effect on his mileage. It would be interesting to see if anyone with a 4 cyclinder engine has tried NKG Iridiums vs. Pulstar plugs. Any one out there who has done this ???
10-06-2008 04:19 PM
ptours99 Offline

visionary Wrote:I previously tried NGK Iridiums in my '89 Lincoln Towncar at my mechanic's recommendation. The "pep" seemed about equal to the newly installed Pulstar plugs, but my city MPG increased by 4.31% vs 26.24% for the Pulstar sparkplugs under identical driving to work & home again with the A/C on. I am not saying the NKG's are not good, only they did not work as well in my 5.0 liter V-8 for me. I gave my NKG's to a friend whom installed them in his '90 Ford E-150 van. I do not know if they had any effect on his mileage. It would be interesting to see if anyone with a 4 cyclinder engine has tried NKG Iridiums vs. Pulstar plugs. Any one out there who has done this ???
i'd be willing to try the pulstars on my 2.2 4cyl S10 p/u,and compare them to my bosch platinums.i herd that someone here had them and said they melted or something like that.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
10-30-2008 05:22 PM
dpater47 Offline

i found this while researching the pulstar:

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:P...estimonial

read and let us know what you think and also this one :

http://www.ereleases.com/pr/20040916006.html
10-31-2008 09:12 AM
visionary Offline

I just wanted to update my continuing results on my '89 Lincoln Towncar with Pulstar Plugs. I have added 3 oz Acetone from Sally's Beauty Supply store and 2 oz Xylene from Lowe's paint department per 10 to 11 galloons of regular unleaded gas with 10% ethanol, as the 10% ethanol is mandated now in Texas by state law. I can not even buy straight unleaded gasoline. I have also begun adding FuelMedz tablets at one per tankful of gas. Every 4 tanks of gas, I do not add the Acetone/xylene to prevent too much concentration in the tank. It took about a 4 tank breakin period for the maximum acetone/xylene mix and FuelMedz tablets to gain the Maximum mileage. On my same in town driving, the Acetone/xylene and FuelMedz tablets have increased my mileage to 18.02 MPG from 15.97 with pustar plugs only, a 12.3% increase in city MPG. My total city MPG with Pulstar Pugs, Acetone/Xylene mix, FuelMedz tablets went from 12.65 MPG to 18.02 MPG, a 42.45% increase. I am hoping another advantage to the Acetone/Xylene is keep the "Corn Syrup" type residue from forming in the fuel system. My mechanic said he and some of his fellow local mechanics are seeiing this "Corn Syrup" like residue causing fuel filter and fuel injector problems in many cars since the 10% ethanol added to gas was mandated in Texas. I believe if you can purchase non ethanol added gasoline, you might could achieve a 50% or better MPG increase with Pulstar Plugs, Acetone/xylene mix and FuelMedz tablets. I have started the same protocal in the wife's '97 Lincoln Towncar ( Why is the women always drive the newer car?) with similar MPG percent increases so far. Hope this helps some of you that do not or can not use HHO systems.
11-13-2008 02:07 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Here's the big debate with Pulstar plugs: Why spend over $100 for plugs (depending on cylinder size) when you can get the same averaged results with iridium or platinum plugs that are half the price?

I've been looking up into Pulstar plugs for longer than I've been in HHO (almost a year now) and that's pretty much all I've learned. Are you willing to squeeze a potential 1 or 2 more mpg and 3HP for double the price of the good plugs you already have? In my case (new car, 100k mile iridium plugs) it's not worth the extra money. It's a personal decision IMHO.

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
11-18-2008 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
happymiles2u Offline

Exclamation RE: Pulstar sparkplugs
Hmm newbie here..has anyone yet heard about a plug called firestorm?? di some reaing on it and would like to find a seller..good forum...thanksSmileSmile
12-06-2008 08:23 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Welcome to the forums! Are the firestorm plugs the ones with a circular spark area and a rollcage-type ignitor area on the head? If you could upload a pic here or a link that would be great! But if those are the plugs I think you're talking about, they have been discussed before. They look REALLY good but the problem is that nobody is going to see these on the market for some time (if I remember right). But I think we discussed how they might cause pre-ignition with the HHO additive since the whole head will contain heat longer than a shorter one. HHO ignites easily (as we've all seen on PLENTY of youtube vids) and if the spark plugs are too hot, it could cause pre-ignition of the HHO which would put resistance againt the piston that is pushing up. This leads to less power and gas mileage than we had hoped.

That is only the theory going on in my head. I can't back it with any scientific data, so don't quote me on it some day lol!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
12-07-2008 04:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply