Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pump for Tero cell
Thurman Offline

Pump for Tero cell
I'm building my first Tero cell, it will only have eleven (11) plates to start with as this is my first one. My plans are to have a reservoir with a pump to circulate the liquid through the cell and back through the reservoir, primarily for cooling purposes. Has anyone else used this set up and can recommend a pump for this. The pumps I have looked at such as chemical sprayer pumps seem to have too much flow rate. I know I could by-pass some fluid to get what I want but maybe someone knows something better. Thanks, David.
11-11-2008 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

RE: Pump for Tero cell
You may find that you don't need to cool your dry cell. Mine doesn't get over 85 degrees.
Disgustin' I tells ya!
11-11-2008 03:27 PM
realtyroy Offline

I'm pretty sure I've seen a guy using a pump that was intended for agricultural use and it was 1 gallon per minute I believe.
He said he got it off ebay for $25.
Might check ebay and see if you can find something similar.

Good Luck!

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
11-11-2008 05:12 PM
Thurman Offline

Thanks for the pump info, I'll look into that one. Gary, could you share any info on your dry cell? I've looked at cells on different sites and am building one based on throwing all the designs together and using what I like and have tools to build. Thanks, David
11-12-2008 05:58 AM
mrbillr Offline

Gary Wrote:You may find that you don't need to cool your dry cell. Mine doesn't get over 85 degrees.
Disgustin' I tells ya!

I have to agree with Gary. A dry cell just doesn't get hot. The remote reservoir actually helps dissipate any heat that may have been generated. Especially the tube that returns the liquid back to the cell. That 1/4 tube just hanging in mid-air. Air moving across that tube sucks out any heat that was there.
I read somewhere that someone was actually using radiator heat to heat the HHO cell up to help production because it stayed too cool.
I believe in the KISS principle, (Keep It Simple Stupid). Don't make it too complicated and don't introduce too many "points of failure".

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
11-12-2008 06:09 AM
saltmine Offline

You don't really need a pump on a "dry" cell....Proper placement of the inlet and outlet fittings on the reservior will pump the electrolyte by thermosyphon. Also with gas bubbles pushing fluid toward the reservior, all you need is a return line toward the bottom of the reservior and the cell.

I also believe in the KISS principle...When I was building my first "dry" cell, I salvaged a pump put of a "Scrubbing Bubbles" automatic shower cleaner. Nice little pump....but I soon discovered it was a 4-6volt pump motor. So, I either had to replace the low voltage motor with a high voltage one, or concoct a power supply or dropping resistor for the little guy. Once I saw the electrolyte circulating merrily, I shelved the pump idea...KISS...

If you're worried about your cell getting hot, mount it in front of your radiator....

Of course, the only "dry" cells I've seen that get hot are two and three plate cells....and most of that is because they're boiling water.
11-12-2008 11:23 AM