Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Question]Hydrogen Generator HHO I got from Ebay
CitatioN10 Offline

[Question]Hydrogen Generator HHO I got from Ebay
Thanks for the great froum ! I have not had time to read though everything but I will in time . I bought this unit off Ebay Ebay Link I got it all hooked up and been testing it for the last few days . So far I have gained ZERO from this . I got it due to gas prices being sky high , hoping I could save some money , Instead so far it seems I have tossed $$ right down the drain !Mad

Can anyone advise me of what I need to do so I can really gain on MPG ?

I have this installed on a 1999 Ford Rnager with a 3.0L

Thanks for the info .
04-24-2008 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: [Question]Hydrogen Generator HHO I got from Ebay
You probably need to read Tuning For Mileage. I also recommend reading the documents on oxygen sensors and EFIEs from my documents page.

I wouldn't throw out your electrolyser just yet. Smile

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-24-2008 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CitatioN10 Offline

I have heard a few things on the O2 extenders , do they really help as they say ?
04-24-2008 07:08 PM
sandpiper Offline

Mike,

I am sure that a lot of people are upset on some of the mileage items they have bought, the advertising of the items are somewhat misleading for sure.

If the add on 02 extender is used would that help any on a hydrogen system add on or is the EFIE still needed ? I have seen some comments on other sites that say to try the 02 extender and if that does not work then go with the EFIE. The question on the EFIE is, once you set the device will you just leave it alone or will you need to keep changing the settings? I see a lot of Hydrogen systems on the market, which ones do the best job in your opinion?
04-24-2008 07:19 PM
mike Offline

OK, gonna try to answer all the questions here:

I've heard the o2 extenders give an improvement. They are not really a final handling. They can only do so much, and they certainly aren't adjustable. I have recommended them for people who can't use EFIEs because they have AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) sensors, not oxygen sensors (EFIEs only work on oxygen sensors). Using them both won't hurt either.

On setting the EFIE: Once you have found a good setting as per the installation instructions, then you don't need to keep changing it. I haven't touched mine for many months.

Many suppliers send their customers to me for EFIE devices and I don't alienate them by picking one over another. Sorry, but all you'll get out of me is do-it-yourself info. You can get plans for the HyZor from http://www.Eagle-Research.com for $22, I believe. I think you can even buy the parts in a kit, that you then assemble. I have purchased those plans and some day will get around to building it.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-24-2008 07:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sandpiper Offline

Thanks for the reply Mike, getting tired, time for bed soon. I have two Hydrogen units right now. I tried one unit last year, but I did not have the EFIE on it, but it did seem to make the motor run smoother. The hydrogen units that I have are made out of the PVC type material, I have not received much good news on that material. Most of the systems that I see now are made of Stainless Steel. I am thinking of building a unit, but first I need to understand them more and not try and jump into anything until I understand it better. I may purchase the 02 extender for my car, just to see if it does anything at all, it really seems so simple that I felt that it was just a gimmick, but maybe it really does work as they say.

Thanks again for your input Mike.
04-24-2008 07:48 PM
jksav7 Offline

The ABS plastic/PVC tubes are a cheap and easy way to assemble a hydroxy generator. However, I made the same mistake you did. I also bought a unit from a guy on ebay. That's not the mistake. The mistake is that the unit was totally sealed like yours is. That means there's no way to access the cell(s) inside. I make my own now, but if I knew then what I know now I would have never purchased any generator that didn't have a screw-off lid or something like that. The cells/generators are not "plug and play" without any maintenance like some of these sellers would like to make people think.

Having said all that, your new generator may function just fine. You should definitely test it to find out what kind of gas output it produces at various amperages. Also, you absolutely must verify that there are no leaks in the system, like where the bolts extend through the top. If it's producing good gas, then the next step it to take Mike's suggestion and find ways to tune it.

By the way, I'm not getting any better gas mileage either. Still working on things.

CitatioN10 Wrote:Thanks for the great froum ! I have not had time to read though everything but I will in time . I bought this unit off Ebay Ebay Link I got it all hooked up and been testing it for the last few days . So far I have gained ZERO from this . I got it due to gas prices being sky high , hoping I could save some money , Instead so far it seems I have tossed $$ right down the drain !Mad

Can anyone advise me of what I need to do so I can really gain on MPG ?

I have this installed on a 1999 Ford Rnager with a 3.0L

Thanks for the info .
04-24-2008 10:57 PM
jksav7 Offline

Of all the posts I've read on various forums hardly anybody has actually tested these. One person in particular said that they caused his SES light to come on, and there was no gain in mileage. However, the only way to know if they work for you is to try it out. I have a couple of them, but I haven't installed them yet.

CitatioN10 Wrote:I have heard a few things on the O2 extenders , do they really help as they say ?
04-24-2008 11:00 PM
CitatioN10 Offline

Thanks for the info jksav7, I will just leave the unti off for now since it doesn't do anything . Maybe in time I will figure it out but for now I can honestly say that the unit I have is JUNK . Let this be a lesson for other people trying this same setup ! I just don't have money to toss around hoping things " MIGHT " work .

Thanks
04-25-2008 03:17 AM
jksav7 Offline

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess that's why I built my own. I have quite a bit of money invested in materials and through trial and error, but I'm getting better every time. It cost me around $50 to make a half-way decent booster.

CitatioN10 Wrote:Thanks for the info jksav7, I will just leave the unti off for now since it doesn't do anything . Maybe in time I will figure it out but for now I can honestly say that the unit I have is JUNK . Let this be a lesson for other people trying this same setup ! I just don't have money to toss around hoping things " MIGHT " work .

Thanks
04-25-2008 05:12 AM