Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question Re: Outboard motor application
redfish99999 Offline

Question Re: Outboard motor application
For my 115hp, 4 cycle Yamaha outboard boat motor, it seems that I only need a HHO generator.... I cannot find any o2 sensor or feedback mechanism to the fuel injectors.....

So I'm thinking " Just shove a tube(maybe with a diffuser) into the air intake...

Question: Is this a correct method???

TIA
05-02-2008 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Question Re: Outboard motor application
I strongly recommend a bubbler. This is the flash arrestor you'll need. After that, just make sure that you get the gas as close to the intake as possible to minimize lost gas.

Also, make sure that HHO production cannot occur when the engine is not running. You'll need some kind of relay for this, and a circuit that is only hot when the engine is running.

Please let us know how this works for you. I'm not sure how you can do mileage comparisons, but maybe you have a known route that takes a known amount of gas. I'm curious how this works in an outboard motor.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-02-2008 07:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redfish99999 Offline

RE: Question Outboard motor application
Thanks Mike,

I DO anticipate installing a bubbler.....

I have made a HHO generator from four SS electrical cover plates submerged in water w/ baking soda.... It gens..... Yesterday, while showing it to my fishing bud, I lit the end tube and it went BOOM!!!!

There, according to my Yamaha expert, is an O2 sensor somewhere in the air intake. I've got to get the HHO insertion past that sensor. Also, there is not an O2 sensor and feedback mechanism in the exhaust system.

I'll try to measure the output today. Its about 1.6 L engine... I'm trying for about 1.25 to 1.5 Lper minute... I cannot defend this number.

It will be very difficult to get accurate numbers on the mileage benefit. The tank fills differently at different orientations at different stations.... It seems to me that, if I get redline speeds at less than full throttle, then thats good...... Does this make reasonable sense????
05-03-2008 05:18 AM
rdgeorge2008 Offline

I have built a 3 cell series hho generator using ss wall plates 1 tablespon full of baking soda per gal distille water if youdont us a pwm it will not produce browns gas but will heat up have built a pwm andmy generator runs 120 degrees now did agas volume test it seem to be producing 1 gal of gas every 6 minutes threw the container filled with hydrogen gas in a fire what a big boom am now installing on my dsiel truck in front of the raditer and using a bubbler have thought of putting one on my boat also have a couple of good ideals a some good fuel mixture will increase you 4 mpg alone let me know your results
05-03-2008 09:13 AM
mike Offline

Sure. You should be able to feel the difference. That sensor and feedback system may not be a problem with an outboard motor. You'll have to let us know how it works out.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-03-2008 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

1.25 to 1.5 Lper minute seems like a lot of gas for a 125 hp motor.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-03-2008 03:01 PM
redfish99999 Offline

What is a pwm????

TIA
05-04-2008 04:23 AM
rdgeorge2008 Offline

a pwm is a device that pulses the dc current where by you make browns gas and your cell will not heat up and produce steam you can make one for 28 dollars at hydrogen garage good site i built one in about 1 hour it lets you control your amps and pulses the current read browns gas book 1 a must have if you want to learn about this gas
05-04-2008 05:33 AM
colchiro Offline

You can find one here.

I ordered the kit with box last night. Last minute I removed the clear educational cell from my shopping cart. Decided I hadn't played with my cell enough.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-04-2008 05:57 AM
rdgeorge2008 Offline

colchiro Wrote:You can find one here.

I ordered the kit with box last night. Last minute I removed the clear educational cell from my shopping cart. Decided I hadn't played with my cell enough.
if you get he u soider kit will need some strong glasses to see circurtes board small but you can do it
go t eagles-research .com get browns gas book one this will help you out i would get is book andad before i do any thing else it helped me
alot
05-04-2008 06:45 AM