Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about dry cell reservoir
buddy Offline

Question about dry cell reservoir
I just finished reading the thread "The TERO SERIES CELL PLANS" and I have a question about the reservoir. In the thread someone posted a photo, TEROMOBILE.jpg which shows using a tall pvc pipe - left over from a planned wet cell - as the reservoir. But since that towers way above the dry cell, wouldn't gravity make the dry cell fill up to the top? The level of the dry cell is supposed to be just under the gas outlet holes, right?

Maybe the tall reservoir is not filled up, but only filled up to the corresponding level to which the dry cell should be? But, the photo shows the output hose going to the top of it.

Another question: what happens if a dry cell is filled up to a level above the gas output holes?

Buddy
05-24-2009 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abe Offline

RE: Question about dry cell reservoir
I think your right. The water level should be even with cell. If the water in the refill tank is higer, gas will pass through, because gas will go uphill. But it will also cause bubbling and foaming in the refill tank causeing you to need a secound bubbler to keep foam out of intake.Haveing said that,the engine compartment doesn't always give you that much room. I had to put my refill about two feet higer than my cell, and yes I do get foam.That is why I put in a secound bubbler.But it does still make gas.
05-25-2009 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply