Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question for MIKE
a3holerman Offline

Question for MIKE
Mike,

I posted this earlier but received no replies.

I bought one of your EFIE's and installed it along with my booster. As of yet I have seen no change in MPG as read by my in car readout. This was done on a 20mile loop. I can read the O2 voltage on my Fluke meter but as noted it does jump around although somewhat repeatable. I am trying to see what if any influence the HH0 is having on my O2 sensor. Perhaps a analog meter will work. I have considered an Actron 9190 scangauge that has a graphing funcrion.

I am looking at voltages that are somewhat repeatable .3---.8---1.0---1.48. I have noticed the highest voltage the 1.48 ish does not change with the booster on (at 1LPM) or off.
The lower voltages I am not sure of as yet. What should I be looking for to see if indeed the hho is effecting anything? Which of the 4 or so voltages repeating should I be monitoring?

Thanks for any advice

Tom

Cape Cod
07-24-2008 05:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rwhit Offline

RE: Question for MIKE
Check out the thread link here this is the answers I got on some O2 questions This is just a response from Mike I copied and pasted here. Hope this helps.

Rusty

You will not be able to accurately read the output of your sensor with a multi-meter. You would need an oscilloscope. The changes are too fast, and the averages that your meter will show you are not at all accurate or precise. Even thought the meter may be precise, it was designed to show you fixed voltages, whereas you're measuring a moving voltage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=589
07-24-2008 06:41 AM
a3holerman Offline

Rusty,

Thank you for the post. I will look at the O2 sensor output with and without the booster using my scope. I hope that will show a difference.

Tom
07-25-2008 08:49 AM
rwhit Offline

a3 let me know what you get I don't have a scope at home but I can get one if I need it if it is worth it.

Rusty
07-25-2008 10:27 AM
a3holerman Offline

I looked at the O2 output today with the scope. It read, with the hho off between .4 and 1.4 volts. With the hho on the readings were exactly the same.

I do have a problem with the check valves. They leak and when the unit cools off it sucks some bubbler water into the booster. This dilutes the electrolyte so I was only pulling 14A when hot. This means I was perhaps making 1/2 lpm or a bit more. Will add a bit of Noh tomorrow and get the current up to 20A or so as to make 1+ lpm and do a reading.

I am somewhat encouraged as to the fact there was no change. It tells me that I am not getting enough gas into the engine, I think ????

Anyway will report tomorrow

I do believe there is a fine Coors Light waiting for me on the deck

Tom
07-28-2008 02:00 PM
colchiro Offline

Tom, we don't usually read the o2 sensor with a meter (unless trying to find the sensor wire to connect the EFIE). Most times the offset voltage (amount EFIE adds to the sensor) gives us more info.

If you want to know what the sensor's doing, on fleeBay, air fuel meters start about $40.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-28-2008 02:52 PM
a3holerman Offline

Rick,

How does the offset voltage give any info. Its a voltage you set. I was reading the O2 sensor voltage to see what, if any, effect the hho was having. It showed none so my guess is that either there is a leak or I need to run more hho.

Tom
07-28-2008 08:20 PM
a3holerman Offline

I did take a reading with my booster pulling about 17-19A It had a measured output of .9LPM. The O2 reading on the scope was again exactly the same with and without hho. I need to get up to 1.2-1.5LPM and read again. Ran into a problem with the booster pop/off so had to end the testing.
Just wondering if anyone has seen this before.

Picked up my 14 3X8 SS plates today and will get working on the next booster in a day or so.

Tom
07-29-2008 12:51 PM
colchiro Offline

a3holerman Wrote:How does the offset voltage give any info.

It's just the only useful info you can obtain with a multimeter.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-29-2008 02:26 PM