Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RVS treatment
Mika Offline

RVS treatment
Have you tried this to your engines/transmissions?

http://www.rvs-tec.com/English/index.htm

Manufacturer says it dramatically lowers friction, increases engine life and makes engine run easier, smoother.

I've read many customer reviews about this thing, and most of them are satisfied. Haven't tried myself, though. I'm going to try this on my cars transmission.

Comments, please.
10-29-2008 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mika Offline

RE: RVS treatment
Hi.

Just wanted to tell you that this thing seems to work, there are much less vibrations on my car after treating its engine and transmission, and the car feels like it's going "easier". Difficult to describe. Big Grin

Btw. here's rvs treatment canadian dealer's page, my english speaking pals Smile http://www.rvs-tec.ca/index.html
02-05-2009 12:27 PM
Mika Offline

I'm kinda surprised how none has shown any interest in this thing, because this surely is the easiest way to save couple mpg. My car went from 7,5 l/100km to 7l/100km. Two liter engine, four door sedan with heavy 17' rims. I could show you tens of other happy testimonials and interesting forum talks in finnish (it's a Finnish product), but most of you wouldn't understand it. Wink

This is no bullshit like those "motor-up" things. You should really find out how this works. This has some real tests and scientific proofs backing it up.

And no, i have nothing to do with this company. I just think someone else should also test this thing, maybe it would then make some conversation. Smile
07-02-2009 11:11 AM
Gary Offline

First off, I'll say it's possible that it works in the way it is described, as it makes some sense.
Second, evidently the ad is translated, and that explains the odd english, so it's not a scam from that point of view.
However.
I'd be skeptical as others due to the overload of engine additives that do no more good than just changing your oil. As my old mentor "Motorcycle Mac" used to say, "oil is cheaper than parts.";

I would want to test it in a manual transmission first. That way, if it does work, you will feel it. The problem with FE testing is the same as with other products: subconscious hypermiling.
The next best test is taking a known trip using the autopilot and comparing numbers, and making sure you don't have a tailwind you didn't have before.
By their own admission, there are many factors that can STOP it from bonding, so either they're very honest, or very deferential.
CYA.
07-02-2009 02:50 PM
mrbillr Offline

Is this just another version of Slick50 that has been around since the 80's? Or better yet, STP oil treatment has been around maybe in the 50's or 60's. I think Slick50 and AMSOIL are what gave birth to the synthetic oils, making oil slicker. Like Gary said, there is a plethora of oil additives out there. We just need to use the one that we feel the most comfortable with and the easiest on the pocket book. Another of Gary's tid bits, frequent oil change is cheap maintenance.

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2009 08:05 PM by mrbillr.)
07-02-2009 07:56 PM
Mika Offline

First of all, this has nothing to do with oil additives. Did you even read anything on that canadian dealers page that I posted? It's one treatment which cleans your old engines weared iron parts, and after that, makes a ceramic surface onto them. You surely won't need to use this in every oil change, tests have reported that the ceramic surface lasts over 100 tkm. Do this one or two times and that's it. You should ask the dealer for better information.

It makes your engines clearances to the same level of a new engine, or better. Cylinder pressures increase, and so does oil pressure. Less fuel is wasted and mixed to your oil, oil stays cleaner.

On one test, look what it did to a one broken "gear" (don't know the right word in english....Big Grin)

Before:
http://tos.pp.fi/rvs/ennen.JPG

After:
http://tos.pp.fi/rvs/jalkeen.JPG

It didn't fix it totally, of course but I'd still say that it made some beautiful little surface on it... Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2009 08:05 AM by Mika.)
07-03-2009 08:03 AM
colchiro Offline

The trouble with any kind of engine plating via engine oil is that it accumulates where you don't want it (like oil galleries), resulting in engine sludge. I had a S10 pickup years ago that I added Slick 50 to it one time and shortly after starting scoring rocker arms due to lack of oil from sludge and I had to trade it off. FWIW, most of the miles on that vehicle were highway, not stop'n go driving known to cause sludge.

It doesn't matter what kind of coating (teflon or whatever), it's still going to go where you do not want it.

My recommendation is to use a good synthetic oil and concentrate on other avenues.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-03-2009 08:48 AM
Mika Offline

No. That coating is a chemical reaction which only happens in places where you have high enough pressure and temperature for it. When the surfaces are smooth enough, the reaction stops because of temperatures aren't high enough anymore. If you're afraid of the dirt that lies in your motor, just wash the engine from inside before treatment.

You really should not compare this stuff with these oil additives. How do you explain that in every test they made about this fluid, the cylinder pressures and oil pressures raise?
07-04-2009 07:12 AM
colchiro Offline

If I enjoyed a third of the claims for products like this that I purchased, I'd be a very happy person. Just because they have testimonials and "scientific" proof, doesn't make it fact. It's very easy to pay for research that is skewed toward the product. Look at the so called "experts" that the tobacco industry hired, stating that cigarettes don't cause cancer. They even had doctors in TV commercials stating that cigarettes were good for you.

That said, maybe this is an ok product. Why don't you try it and let us know.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-04-2009 08:55 AM
thomasbala Offline

(07-04-2009 08:55 AM)colchiro Wrote:  If I enjoyed a third of the claims for products like this that I purchased, I'd be a very happy person. Just because they have testimonials and "scientific" proof, doesn't make it fact. It's very easy to pay for research that is skewed toward the product. Look at the so called "experts" that the tobacco industry hired, stating that cigarettes don't cause cancer. They even had doctors in TV commercials stating that cigarettes were good for you.

That said, maybe this is an ok product. Why don't you try it and let us know.
He's not interested in trying it; he's interested in selling it. Spammers like that insult the board.
07-04-2009 12:35 PM