Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RVS treatment
colchiro Offline

RE: RVS treatment
(07-03-2009 08:03 AM)Mika Wrote:  On one test, look what it did to a one broken "gear" (don't know the right word in english....Big Grin)

Before:
http://tos.pp.fi/rvs/ennen.JPG

After:
http://tos.pp.fi/rvs/jalkeen.JPG

It didn't fix it totally, of course but I'd still say that it made some beautiful little surface on it... Smile

That's a good reason to avoid it, IMHO. Don't need that stuff building up areas it shouldn't.
(07-04-2009 12:35 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  He's not interested in trying it; he's interested in selling it.

Very possible, that's what I get for skimming the posts.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2009 05:12 PM by colchiro.)
07-04-2009 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

Perhaps someone with a sacrificial engine that need overhaul anyway pretty soon, could try it on that, and then you'd have the overhaul teardown to inspect the thing and see what's up inside.
I'd put it in the Toy if someone gave it to me. I won't pass emissions again with it, so have nothing to lose. Except that it's a daily driver.
Technically, they're claiming a rebuild in a can, and we know about those. I even tried the "Restore" once just for grins; NO effect whatsoever.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2009 06:04 PM by Gary.)
07-04-2009 06:02 PM
colchiro Offline

I've haven't even got 10,000 on mine. I'm not going to buy it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-04-2009 06:26 PM
Gary Offline

We're approaching the 200k mark on the Toy, and had to cheat emissions last time, badly. If people before us had just changed the oil and filters, this engine could have gone another K.
Sad. Now I'M stuck with it. Fortunately, there are Asian imports. I can get another engine with 40-60k on it for $700, and can't rebuild it for much less.
Incidentally, from the gear pics, I'd have to ask: what's to stop it from continuing the buildup into places where it's not wanted? For instance, rings will get a coat...then the ring lands will get a coat...then the piston ring grooves will get a coat...and you just got ringlock. The valve seats get pressure and heat. DAYUM!!! So now our valve lash is going to disappear...the mains get heat and pressure...so it builds up there and "fixes" the bearing surface...but it can't tell WHAT that HOLE in the bearing is for, and fills THAT...
This stuff sounds so bad to me, as an old Coast Guard Engineman, lifetime biker, ten year trucker, and hobbyist tinkerer of no reknown, I'm not very interested the more I think about it.
I'd want to see INDEPENDENT study done on a high mileage engine with many, many added miles, then teardown.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2009 04:50 AM by Gary.)
07-05-2009 04:40 AM
colchiro Offline

AFAIK, the only thing to stop that is to only use it once (or not at all).

Rick

07-05-2009 05:24 AM
Mika Offline

I'd never quessed that you hho "believers" could have been this skeptical. You clearly haven't read what I've posted, I used this on my car's engine and transmission and it now runs much smoother and quieter, and the engine braking is a lot less than it was.

From what I've read, the coating appears only on iron based surfaces, so no need to worry about locking your piston rings to your pistons.

I don't sell this product, these aren't my links that I posted, I live in Finland, not Canada. I don't get any money from this. I am also not a spammer, I've written some posts in this forum before. Don't anyone of you have a car that has been driven, say 300 000 km to try this and give a fair review? Gary, if your toyota is just old and tired, but still works, then I think you should try this first.

Take a look at these, some of them are in english.

http://www.rvs.fi/kuluttajille/testit/test.php

http://www.rvs-tec.com/English/test.htm

Take a look specially at the finnish tv-program Puskuri testing this.

Why are you attacking me so aggressively, I'd just like to get someone else testing it, as this thing isn't bs.

You should also think why this is twice more expensive than those oil additives which do nothing at all.

Must say I'm pretty disappointed in you people, as I'm not trying to fool anyone, just share some information.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2009 12:55 PM by Mika.)
07-06-2009 10:49 AM
colchiro Offline

Sorry Mika, it wasn't my intent to insult you, but please use caution when using this stuff. One application per 100k miles is probably more than enough.

Rick

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2009 01:11 PM by colchiro.)
07-06-2009 12:55 PM
Mika Offline

No one said you should use it more often. They say it themself in their website that one good treatment is enough for over 100000 km.

Sorry, must ask. Is this attitude the reason why you still drive little over 200 hp N/A five liter v8 suv:s which weight over 2000 kg (crude example), while we here in Europe has got the same power over fifteen years ago from 2 liter turbocharged engines, with twice smaller fuel consumption, and still enough space in cars for five people?

For example, gm c20let, introduced 1992. 200 hp, and in vauxhall/opel calibra/cavalier/vectra , highway fuel consumption 7,5 l /100. 31 mpg.

Now I'd like to hear a good explanation. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2009 01:19 PM by Mika.)
07-06-2009 12:57 PM
Gary Offline

Hold on there, my brotha from anotha mutha...
No one is intentionally insulting you, but being skeptical is pretty much natural after so many hundreds of failed products, mostly scams of one sort or another, and then, there is our inclination to look at every possibility and probability both positive and negative.
This is a new product in a new venue to us, but similar in some ways to others. Consider Slick 50 - which claims to bond Teflon to the engine surfaces. Do you know how teflon attaches to metal? At over 700 degrees Fahrenheit, a temperature your engine will never see, save for exhaust valves and seats. But that's not what Dupont sued them for; it was for the PTFE (Teflon), which they at least had the sense to put in a good quality oil. Expensive oil.

If this stuff doesn't bond to aluminum, that's a plus.
If it lasts 100,000 miles, that's a BIG plus.
If it helps compression and tightens up gear slop, that's a plus.
You did not post FE results, which would primarily interest us, or the price, unless I missed it.
As for your last post, while it's a good question and correct in the assumption, what does that have to do with the subject of additives? Just because the Japanese and Euro's got some things right in the car market doesn't mean they've become the UberLords of the Universe. America has pretty much led in the R&D arena, but the carmakers have dropped the ball here in the interest of short-term gains. The Japanese got smart and looked at the long run, replacing "Jap Crap" with cars that last 300k miles if you change the oil and drive them right.
So, while being yet a skeptic, I officially thank you for bringing this to the light.
Let us continue to examine the subject.
edit: I looked at the tests, and they are impressive, particularly the 8hp and 6 ft.lbs. torque on the motorcycle.
It would appear that the only remaining question at large would be the contamination of oil passages, filters, and returns, if so.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 02:20 PM by Gary.)
07-07-2009 01:43 PM
Mika Offline

No one is intentionally insulting me, spammers like me just insult the board. Even though my last post had nothing to do with this fluid, I must say that the fact that we drive more reasonable cars doesn't make me think we've become "uberlords of the universe". Hmm. Become? Who is now? You? Big Grin

If your afraid of oil passage contamination, why don't you just wash the biggest crap out of your engine and change your oil and filter before trying this. Then, use cheap motor oil and add rvs into it, so that the effect would be seen faster. I've told that with high quality fully synthetic it would take over 2000 km to see anything happen.

In fact I posted fe results. Half a liter savings per 100 km, which I think is a pretty common result.
07-08-2009 09:33 AM