Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RVS treatment
Gary Offline

RE: RVS treatment
Evidently YOU didn't read the instructions or formulation yourself. Recommended is to put it in just before an oil change, and it works with the contacting surfaces. So your dirty and diluted oil will make it work faster/better than new oil, which would leave less metal contact for it to work on.
I may try it yet; just trying to justify the $80-plus price tag. I'd also like to see some reviews on it rather than "testimonials" that anyone can write up.
07-08-2009 10:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mika Offline

I've read more these instructions than anyone of you have. I just made a suggestion for you because you were scared of oil passage contamination.

Cheap and poor new oil also lets this fluid enough room to work.
07-09-2009 12:09 AM
Llew Offline

(10-29-2008 01:22 PM)Mika Wrote:  Have you tried this to your engines/transmissions?

http://www.rvs-tec.com/English/index.htm

Manufacturer says it dramatically lowers friction, increases engine life and makes engine run easier, smoother.

I've read many customer reviews about this thing, and most of them are satisfied. Haven't tried myself, though. I'm going to try this on my cars transmission.

Comments, please.
If this stuff is, a friction reducing additive. You might find it will wreak a auto trans. Back in the 60s, I put some in a auto trans and ruined it. The bands would not grip.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2009 12:54 PM by colchiro.)
07-09-2009 06:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Yes, you'd want to use it only a manual transmission.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-09-2009 12:54 PM
Gary Offline

Somewhere in their nomenclature I read that it only works on metal surfaces, and has been tested in wet clutch motorcycle transmissions with no ill effects. If this is so, then I'd assume the auto trans is safe too.
As for the oil thing, it's a bit touchy. If you have old oil that needs a change, then the stuff you put in makes things grind and get actually hotter, I'll assume you're actually temporarily wearing down your parts further, before the additive begins to coat things with the ceramic coating, and fill up spaces. So in light of that, it had BETTER work and last, or you've just aged your motor further.
Actually, that and the $80.00 investment are the only things that really concern me with this stuff.
If it didn't work, then you aged your motor, emptied your wallet, and wasted some time. Skepticism remains until there are reviews of it. The lab test was nice tho.
07-09-2009 02:20 PM
Mika Offline

I would again say that this is not an oil additive, and not invented in america "back in the 60's".

There won't be much reviews in english until someone has got the balls to try it, as I suppose this is pretty new thing in us.

Gary, if you test it, do compression test before & after?
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 07:13 AM by Mika.)
07-10-2009 07:11 AM
Gary Offline

I'll be SCARED to look at the compression on our Baby Girl...but I do have a gauge around here somewhere. I just don't have $80 to blow right now. We're in an economic "recession".
(tell that to those who lost their houses...)
07-10-2009 01:36 PM
thomasbala Offline

(07-03-2009 08:03 AM)Mika Wrote:  First of all, this has nothing to do with oil additives. Did you even read anything on that canadian dealers page that I posted? It's one treatment which cleans your old engines weared iron parts, and after that, makes a ceramic surface onto them. You surely won't need to use this in every oil change, tests have reported that the ceramic surface lasts over 100 tkm. Do this one or two times and that's it. You should ask the dealer for better information.

It makes your engines clearances to the same level of a new engine, or better. Cylinder pressures increase, and so does oil pressure. Less fuel is wasted and mixed to your oil, oil stays cleaner.

On one test, look what it did to a one broken "gear" (don't know the right word in english....Big Grin)

Before:
http://tos.pp.fi/rvs/ennen.JPG

After:
http://tos.pp.fi/rvs/jalkeen.JPG

It didn't fix it totally, of course but I'd still say that it made some beautiful little surface on it... Smile

The results are absolutely impossible. Just like P.T. Barnum said: "there's a fool born every minute". Or did he say "A fool and his money are soon parted". Just for kicks I thought I'd give the FTC a heads up on this fraud. anybody who buys this "snake oil" should double the magnets on their fuel line.
07-10-2009 03:48 PM
Mika Offline

Thomasbala, I feel sorry for you. I think no one should think today like "if I don't understand it, it can't work". You clearly haven't read any of these links that I've posted. I quess we just have to wait til' Gary has got the money to try it and prove it. Why would I ask Gary to make compression tests before & after if I weren't sure this works? This is 100 times easier to get work than these hho kits.

I don't get anything from this, I just don't like to be called a liar by some idiots who can't read. This is what you get when you're trying to bring some new information to this forum.

In the end, you'll see that I was right.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2009 06:22 AM by colchiro.)
07-11-2009 12:20 AM
Llew Offline

Yes I agree, that is imposable.
What I was referring to was " malidium dull sulfide " Or Molly slip. There was also a product Super Caburol .
It was not in the US. But in the UK, That I new about it. I sold hundreds of gallons of it. Through my garage in Wales in the 60s. The Caburol was sold by the shot with every fill up. One shot per gallon.It was sold as a UCL. Molly Slip was added to the oil, as was Super Caburol.
07-11-2009 05:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply