Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Re: Posting New Questions/Problems
Milan.h Offline

Re: Posting New Questions/Problems
HI
We own Ford Focus 2001
I bought dual EFIE from you about 2 months ago. The first time I connect EFIE 2 days ago and I did find out that one side doesn't work like supposed to , I mean the one side is turning on just up to 80 mV and that is not enough for our car( so looks like is broken, because the other side works good). The Question is what we should do now - send you the EFIE back & you will send us a new one or you can help us in any deferent way to get this thing to work.
Sincerely,
Milan H.
06-17-2008 06:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
justinecody Offline

Efie Question
I have hooked up an EFIE not bought from you. But, with this EFIE in bypass mode, the +o2 signal wire reades approx. 412mV(this is with the ignition on and engine off). Now, as the EFIE is activated and voltage is applied, the reading from the +o2 signal wire decreases instead of increasesMad. My vehicle is a 2007 Saturn Relay 2 manufactured by GM. I am believing that the ECM is programmed to defeat even this device. With that said, is there possibly any way in which the EFIE can be modified to produce a negative voltage? Or is there any other way to decieve this computer?

Thank You.
06-25-2008 06:39 PM
Gary Offline

RE: Posting New Questions/Problems
Mike I appeal to your authority here...due to financial concerns (and a wife) I'm looking at dual EFIE's on Eeeebay...and they are showing city/highway, 3 leads and nothing about setup. My 2000 Silverado 5.3 would have two o2 sensors.
Is their definition of "dual" just the city/hwy thing or for dual sensors?
Is there a beginner's thread to decomplicate the learning curve for these things?
07-04-2008 06:04 AM
sktdriver77 Offline

Hello Mike, I really need help here!!!! I just purchased 2 hho generators for my 2007 chevrolet uplander mini van. After about 3 weeks i finally got enough info and courage to try installing them!!! I did and they are wired correctly from the gens to the solenoid to the relay etc. BUT i am getting worse mileage than before. I bought these from a guy in Arkansas off ebay who says i don't need an EFIE nor any oxy sensor adjustments but i think i do or something. First i had the tube going to the intake snorkel off the intake hose teed into it THEN i decided i needed to goo into the vacuum hose which immediately sucked water into my engine DUH!!! So i got a petcock valve to regulate the flow of suction but the guy who sold it to me said NOT to put it into the Vac hose SOOOO Then i moved it back to the intake which seems to have no suction!!! Anyway, i have been working on this for about 7 days now every spare minute i can get trying to achieve more mpg What is wrong??? Please help me!!! I am a professional medical transport driver and these gas prices are eating me alive!!!!! I will do WHATEVER I have to to get better mileage with these HHO generators Thank you for your help !!! Please ASAP
07-04-2008 08:06 AM
AlexR Offline

sktdriver,

You will need an EFIE for each oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter.

GOOD NEWS - Since your mileage is worse it means the gas is getting into your engine.

You will need an EFIE or two to get mileage gains.
Adding the gas before your air filter is best.
You don't need to apply vacuum to your electrolyzer as it makes positive pressure when operating.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
07-04-2008 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueBandit Offline

Howdy all,

Ok I've got a few questions that I think would make for great answers in the FAQ or the Document page, i have looked for answers but get conflicting feedback.

#1. It appears to me that using a EFIE to override o2 sensor output, will handle most if not all of your tuning needs even if you vehicle is equiped with a MAP sensor and or MAF sensor (My gas v8 350 C.I.D. 5.7 liter 1997 suburban has 2 precat o2 sensors,a MAP, and a MAF sensor), is that correct , would there be any benifits to having a tuner for all three units, and would having a MAP and MAF sensor still connected without enhancers affect your A/F ratio enough to casue you to have a hard time maintaing a steady consistent desirable result?

#2. With dual o2 sensors (such as is on my suburban) can they be jumpered across or wired in such a way so that only one EFIE is required,sending a single signal to the ECM, I see no reason why not but I may be wrong, if not please explain.

Anyone with knowlege on this topic is welcome to respond, thanks.

P.S. Mike, I'm and Oregonian too down near the border of Kaifornia Grants Pass area.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Jeff
08-02-2008 04:53 PM
nbkerr Offline

Like you said it works or it doesn't work. This one does not. I'm hooked up to the ox sensors and there is no response on the meter when I make adjustments to the pots. The test points read reverse polarity. I bought schematics from ahdol.com that were no help at all for trying to connect at the computer although they did varify the +signal wires at the plugs for the sensors. So I got ripped off for $11.00 for something I had also varifyed with the dealer. Whats next?
08-02-2008 09:56 PM
colchiro Offline

RE: Efie Question
justinecody Wrote:is there possibly any way in which the EFIE can be modified to produce a negative voltage? Or is there any other way to decieve this computer?

Thank You.

If you reverse your EFIE wires (at the o2 sensor), it'll decrease the voltage instead of increasing it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-03-2008 12:32 PM
colchiro Offline

BlueBandit Wrote:Howdy all,

Ok I've got a few questions that I think would make for great answers in the FAQ or the Document page, i have looked for answers but get conflicting feedback.

#1. It appears to me that using a EFIE to override o2 sensor output, will handle most if not all of your tuning needs even if you vehicle is equiped with a MAP sensor and or MAF sensor (My gas v8 350 C.I.D. 5.7 liter 1997 suburban has 2 precat o2 sensors,a MAP, and a MAF sensor), is that correct , would there be any benifits to having a tuner for all three units, and would having a MAP and MAF sensor still connected without enhancers affect your A/F ratio enough to casue you to have a hard time maintaing a steady consistent desirable result?

#2. With dual o2 sensors (such as is on my suburban) can they be jumpered across or wired in such a way so that only one EFIE is required,sending a single signal to the ECM, I see no reason why not but I may be wrong, if not please explain.

Re: #1... For each sensor you mod, it tells the ECU that it's ok to be leaner. So if you're struggling to get the results you need, then try a few sensors too. More info in my Tuning for Mileage link.

Re: #2... If it was that easy, I would think Detroit would have just one sensor. Try it and let us know if it works (or what it breaks).

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-03-2008 12:39 PM
colchiro Offline

nbkerr Wrote:Like you said it works or it doesn't work. This one does not. I'm hooked up to the ox sensors and there is no response on the meter when I make adjustments to the pots. The test points read reverse polarity. I bought schematics from ahdol.com that were no help at all for trying to connect at the computer although they did varify the +signal wires at the plugs for the sensors. So I got ripped off for $11.00 for something I had also varifyed with the dealer. Whats next?

It should be easy to find the sensor, you just need to figure out what the wires do.

What year, vehicle, engine?

With a 4 wire o2, you'll have 2 wires for the heater with +12 on one and ground on the other. Then you should have 2 more wires, one ground again and the one we want, one with a DC voltage that jumps between .1 and 1 volt. That's the one we connect the EFIE to. See the EFIE Install Directions in my Documents link below.

You have a deluxe double EFIE?

Rick

08-03-2008 12:44 PM