Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Refalshing Ecm to work with hho
H20 Auto Offline

Big Grin Refalshing Ecm to work with hho
Hi, This is my first post here. I have good sucess with reflashing the ecms. For instance I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7ltr which orange tested mileage at 15.2. I installed The Cell and tuned with SCT Flash software and run at approx. 16.8-17.4 : 1 AFR. I set the cell to 23 amps and putting in 2.3 lpm of hydroxy gas and get 24.8 mpg. I'm still tuning it and defueling where I can. I have had much experience with the efie's and Map adjusters and helped develop some. I think they are the way to go on anything not OBDII. But if your working with OBD II it just works so much more effective to reflash it. Well, I am changing the tune file and defueling more each time. I believe as I tune better I'll increase its need for more HHO and I can add up to 11 lpm. Right now, its out of the gas price range. I hope to help bring the cost down so more people can have this system. Its nice to read all your guys posts. HHO is a lot of work. Now having Bob Boyce as tech support our business is helping others. If I can help you, get in touch. I am an SCT Flash Dealer, The Cell Dealer, and ASE certified Technician. I don't claim to have all the answers, just working my way by results.
Mike

H2o Automotive LLC[/b]
03-12-2009 11:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mtnhillsman Offline

RE: Refalshing Ecm to work with hho
(03-12-2009 11:38 AM)H20 Auto Wrote:  Hi, This is my first post here. I have good sucess with reflashing the ecms. For instance I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7ltr which orange tested mileage at 15.2. I installed The Cell and tuned with SCT Flash software and run at approx. 16.8-17.4 : 1 AFR. I set the cell to 23 amps and putting in 2.3 lpm of hydroxy gas and get 24.8 mpg. I'm still tuning it and defueling where I can. I have had much experience with the efie's and Map adjusters and helped develop some. I think they are the way to go on anything not OBDII. But if your working with OBD II it just works so much more effective to reflash it. Well, I am changing the tune file and defueling more each time. I believe as I tune better I'll increase its need for more HHO and I can add up to 11 lpm. Right now, its out of the gas price range. I hope to help bring the cost down so more people can have this system. Its nice to read all your guys posts. HHO is a lot of work. Now having Bob Boyce as tech support our business is helping others. If I can help you, get in touch. I am an SCT Flash Dealer, The Cell Dealer, and ASE certified Technician. I don't claim to have all the answers, just working my way by results.
Mike

I've had to modify a bunch of sensors, 2 02 sensors, MAF, and IAT in order to see milage gains in my Altima. I've thought from the beginning that since these cars are all computerized shouldnt it be easier just to control the ECU with software. What kind of equipment does it take to get that kind of control over your engine(and cost)??
03-12-2009 12:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
H20 Auto Offline

Yes, I spent months working with decade boxes, and adding resistance, that stuff works and made me a better technician for doing so. But never could get the smooth results needed. I signed on as a dealer for SCT flash, spent approx. 8,000 for a the rights to the software. We can do Ford, GM, CHR. Some imports. and its not super easy. Its best to also have a Dynamometer for another 50,000. The process is to use a flash tool to read your ecm. Upload into your PC and then there is a myrid of tables and charts in a, basically a different language. Just kidding. you can spend hours taking out transiant fuel. and then load it back into the flash tool and upload in the vehicle and it holds up to 3 different tune files. It is really the way to go when fighting with adaptives, fuel trims. Now there are many flash software companies and you need to do your home work. SCT is best for Ford. HP is better for GM and. I'm looking at EFI live now as well. Its smooth because we give the customer the flash tool with the install and when the want to trade in the vehicle you set it back to stock and move your system to another vehicle. The tune file is vehicle specific. Its faster when we use the Dyno. But you did it the hard way. Something to be proud of. I paid my dues as well. Its all good stuff and Tuning is not for every application. But both avenues are open. Thanks for the question. Mike
03-12-2009 12:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ptours99 Offline

so your software doesn't do gm and can you do gm in future.what's cost for a flash

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
03-12-2009 04:00 PM
H20 Auto Offline

We do have GM software, and a few flash tools for GM, However, SCT does not have a lot of room to adjust as the ford and chr. For example, there are over 100 files in the ford folder, and 60 in CHR and 20 in the GM. They are building the files and growing the GM.'s but I asume it will be a few months before it is completed. And Hp tunner has much more GM capability for adjustment at this time.

Thanks
Mike

H2o Automotive LLC[/b]
03-13-2009 06:00 AM
casey2003 Offline

(03-13-2009 06:00 AM)H20 Auto Wrote:  We do have GM software, and a few flash tools for GM, However, SCT does not have a lot of room to adjust as the ford and chr. For example, there are over 100 files in the ford folder, and 60 in CHR and 20 in the GM. They are building the files and growing the GM.'s but I asume it will be a few months before it is completed. And Hp tunner has much more GM capability for adjustment at this time.

Thanks
Mike

This sounds interesting. I have a dodge dakota 3.7 v-6 2006. I am wondering about the cost of this fix and where are you located if a person wants to do it.
03-17-2009 04:35 PM
H20 Auto Offline

The cost is 499.99 for the flash tool and the dyno tuning is approx. 200.00 which is for a full day. We are located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Would be interested in doing so. How much Hydroxy is your system producing? Thanks Mike

H2o Automotive LLC[/b]
03-18-2009 04:25 AM